Chapter 2: Interrogation

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, Yumi-chan," he chuckled softly, feeling a bit better thanks to her. "It's getting late here, so see ya."

"See you soon, Kouichi-kun!" she hung afterwards.

Kouichirou sighed as he puts his phone down to his side. He got up from the couch and walked towards the kitchen, going to the fridge to open it to grab a cold can of beer to drink his problems away.

When he opened the fridge, he had a disappointed expression on his face. There was no alcohol inside. He sighed and closed the fridge.

"I'll get more tomorrow."

~~~

The next day, Kouichirou exited out of a liquor store with a six-pack of beer. He walked to the store since it wasn't far from his home.

As he was walking back, a black sedan pulled over next to him. Catching Kouichirou's attention, he looks over at the side window as it rolled down, revealing a Japanese man in his 20s (probably the same age as Kouichirou) with short black hair and glasses.

The Japanese man smiled at him. "Yuuki Kouichirou, am I correct?" He asked with a polite tone.

Kouichirou raised a brow at him, wondering who this stranger was. He nodded in response before answering. "Yes, I am."

"Need a ride?" the stranger asked.

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" questioned Kouichirou. He started to get suspicious of this man.

The stranger chuckled and shook his head. "I apologize for my rudeness," he bowed his head before lifting it back up to face him again. "My name is Kikouka Seijirou. I am an investigator in the SAO Case Victims Rescue Squad."

"A government guy, huh?" stated Kouichirou. "Only our government could think of shitty squad names."

The man, now known as Kikouka, only smiled at Kouichirou.

"May you come inside, Yuuki-sama?" Kikouka requests from him. "I'd like to talk."

Kouichirou sighed and walked around the car to get on from the other side. He sits down on the passenger seat next to Kikouka as he puts the pack of beer in between his legs.

"What is it you wanna talk about?"

"You are friends with Kayaba Akihiko, correct?" Kikouka asked. "You both were a part of the Mathematics club in high school."

Kouichirou chuckled softly as he looked down. "That club had geniuses with heads so far up their asses, they might as well be retarded," he chuckled a bit more as he continued. "Aki and I were the only two in that club who didn't give a damn, yet we were the MVPs in every competition they put us in."

"You both are prodigies," Kikouka said as he pulled out a folder from a bag, opening it to look at some documents that were inside. "You both scored the highest in your classes, sometimes even switching from the #1 and #2 spot in the school's overall grades."

"It was never a competition between us," Kouichirou sighs. "My old man expects me to do better than everyone, so I didn't have much of a choice but to reach for the top."

"You both went to the same college," Kikouka continued asking questions.

"Toto Institute of Technology," Kouichirou said.