"Oh and you weren't nervous to say it to Damon?!"

"I was scared shitless! But I knew that what I felt I'd never felt before, so if that wasnt love then-" I paused. "I'm not talking to you about your commitment issues."

"Whatever. That's not what I was trying to say. What I'm saying is that you kill Bonnie who I... I loved but never said anything... you kill her, and I tell you I wont hurt Benny-"

"...Benny?" I haven't heard him say 'Benny' in three years. I didnt know that my body had craved it and much as it did. I didnt know that I secretly wanted him to refer to Ben that way.

"Is that a problem?"

"No! No, not at all. I just... didnt expect it, I suppose."

"Ok... back to my point, you kill my girl, I tell you I won't hurt your son and you basically tell me that if I do you'll kill me."

"Yeah... that sound about right, I mean that is just what happened?"

He chuckled. "Unbelievable." I smiled at his response with a small giggle.

Fuck.

No.

I'm not doing that.

"Kai, I've got to finish digging your girlfriends grave. I'll see you at home." I hung up and tossed my phone into the passenger seat of Damon's car.

It was an obvious lie, I was taking Bonnie to the place in New York with Elena and Damon.

I needed to end that phone call. Not even three hours ago I was telling him he'd have an enemy for eternity, and now I was over here flirting with him.

How fucked up was I?

I was being too nice, I didnt know why. He had just killed my family only four hours ago, and now I was sitting on the phone as I drove to New York in my boyfriend's car flirting with him.

I didn't want him, I knew I didnt. I wanted Damon, I was in love with Damon, my every decision is centered around him.

But there was this thiny flame inside of Damon's burning house that was all about Kai. I fear that no matter how much water I put on it, it wont go out. I am terrified that itll grow bigger, bigger than Damon's hell house.

I hadn't gone down that path in a little over three years, ever since I kissed him.

"Kai, I dont think you understand how terrified I am because I practically killed you yesterday. I took your magic when that was the thing keeping you going, then left you there to die! If Damon hadn't been there when he was, I would've woken up knowing I did the right thing for them because their friend wouldve still been alive. But the wrong thing for you because you wouldve been dead! How do you think I wouldve been able to live with myself then?"

He didnt reply, I didnt want to wait for one either. I walked back inside the apartment silently but slammed the door behind myself. I got to where Kai had propped himself up on the couch and kneeled down to his face and laid my hand on his cheek.

"You know I hate you. I hate you with all of my heart but there is something about you... if you had waken me up in the middle of the night because you needed something, I'd be there." I rested my forehead on his and squeezed my eyes shut.

"I hate you but if you are to touch me in any possible way, I'm yours. I hate you so fucking much, but if it came down to nothing... I'd give up everything I've got just so you can be happy Kai." He had a blank reaction, but slid his hand to the back of my neck and kissed me.