Part 1: Chapter 23; Demonic

Start from the beginning

Tch, damn, I missed it!

Damnit, Tomioka only gave me sixteen rounds, I have to use these things properly or I'm dead!

Yae, over the course of the month that Giyuu Tomioka, the Hashira of Water, helped her, managed to learn a thing or two about how to kill demons.

Of course, Giyuu never taught her, he just did his training on his own and she watched from a bush.

What she learned, however, was invaluable.

She learned how to increase her mobility, her focus, her physical and mental fortitude, her strength, all through Tomioka's many training methods.

Her father Matazo trained her vigorously as a hunter ever since she was a child, and by now, she was an expert tracker and markswoman, easily capable of killing animals three times her size with a couple shots from her rifle, but demons was a whole other story.

They were more agile, more dangerous, more deadly, and worst of all, impossible to kill by just filling the thing with a hundred rounds of lead.

You had to be accurate, precise, and fast enough to even pull the trigger before they got their teeth in you.

After the precious time she managed to spend with Giyuu and the months of training following their mutual departure, there wasn't a better marksman in the country than Yae, especially with the parting gift she had been bestowed by the navy-haired Hashira.

Only under extreme and life-threatening situations involving a demon should you ever use these.

Those were the words Giyuu told her when he put them in the palm of her hand just before he traveled down the road.

These bullets are just as effective against demons as a nichirin blade, but because you have no breathing style, no combat experience and are not capable of using Full Concentration Breathing, you are at a severe disadvantage in any encounter with a demon. You have no chance of survival in a close encounter, so run at the first sign of danger. Don't waste your life on something as trivial as a fight you have no way of winning.

However, if this is not an option for you, remember these three things when you shoot at a demon.

Number One-

Keep your distance, and always keep them in your line of sight!

The second Razel countered and made a break towards the hunter girl in a mad dash with her fangs beared, Yae jumped out of the way, narrowly escaping the punch that burst a hole through the wall behind her, jumping back another half dozen metres with her rifle constantly pointed at the female demon, never once taking her eye off of Sakusa's body.

Keep her in sight, don't ever let her get behind you!

If what Miss Kocho said was right, then I'm real lucky! If this is a demon possessing Sakusa's injured human body, then she's only going to be running on fumes for now!

Tilting her head so that her rifle rested on the crook of her neck, Yae closed one eye, and took aim directly at the female demon in Sakusa's body.

Number Two-

If you can't hit the neck, go for the legs to disable movement!

Razel shrieked in anger as she broke out into another sprint, crouching low in preparation for a leap high into the air, but just before she could take flight, another blast right into Sakusa's shin sent her tumbling down to the ground, rolling and tumbling into the ground.

I hit her! She's down!

Cocking her rifle and pulling out another round as quick as she could, Yae rapidly dashed backwards again, readying herself for another shot at the female demon.