Chapter 00 (Kinder)

The Millennium War, ended with a swift cut. A slice to the throat, a sudden crash. A young-looking lady stood on top of her goliath towering the black soil filled with lead and blood. The sight of the empty battlefield lacking the trudging it had endured since the start of the conflict. The woman smiled and gasped. Choking on thick sooty atmosphere. 

"There it is, this is it. What I wanted. Finally". The woman clutched the transceiver on her hand and rested her left hand on her hip. 

"Boss, this is what you wished for. And what yourself has granted," the man on the end answered. "What do you want to do now? They don't need men of war like me. You on the other hand..." The man sighted and stared at his monitor. Into the view of the young woman.

"Me on the other hand? Well shit, I didn't think this would've worked. Any of this plan actually. Thought we'd go and slap those Gers on their elbow into oblivion and they'll slap us back to the heavens. Though this shit bucket would collapse and we'll just be another pile of bones in this field." She knocked on the goliath kneeling under her. "I want to be a teacher, don't think the top brass will let me off my research position but there has to be some compromise? They're probably drooling over this shit bucket even now.  I can imagine their faces," the woman grinned.  The final swing has ended, but ambition, ambition doesn't end.

As the stars rose and the sun sunk, the woman hopped into the throne of the goliath. The heart of the goliath rumbled life as its supplied "blood" by the occupier of the throne. "Let's head back, head home. It's getting darker and I want some chow in me." The monitors of surrounding the throne gleamed in her eyes.

"Roger that, sending you rotors to pick you up. They'd be there in 5 mikes."

"Hey Jeremy, you'd think I'd be a good mother...."

"You a mother? What has suddenly gotten into you."

"I don't know, must be my age. Although what I've done to my self doesn't make it look like it, but I'm nearing my 30s. My 20s are ending. I'm not gonna be a young woman anymore Jeremiah. No longer a maiden of fair beauty and purity."

"Go for it."

The sounds of rotor blades slicing the cold night air breaking the silence of the dead battlefield under it. The machine locked its chains to the spine of the goliath and lifted it off the soil.