Chapter 013

Comment and Vote!

⚜️🖤⚜️🖤⚜️🖤⚜️

Jane's POV.

"It's just dinner, what could go wrong?"

I kept repeating this sentence in my head over and over the whole afternoon. I mainly stayed in my quarters the rest of the day, thoughts all over the place.

Knowing this, Yeontan was delivered to accompany me here. I asked why and who sent the cute puppy, the reply was:

"Prince Vincent did, my lady. He said you enjoy the pup's company so he sent for the pup to be given to you."

And another round of flutters occurred in my stomach. That was thoughtful of him. I may have blushed a little.

Just a little, okay?

However, the flutters were short-lived. The redness of my cheeks turned cold and white upon hearing the next words.

"I was told to remind you of the royal dinner tonight, my lady. You will be joining the royal family as well as the other royal princes in such an event."

I don't know why I'm nervous. The first time I had my meal with the royal family, I was not nervous at all. I enjoyed my breakfast with them.

Maybe because he's there now?

You never know, Jane Athena. Maybe he won't join again because of Ashley.

I quickly shook that thought off. Nope. I'm not gonna think of her and cause me to be upset. They're friends, he said. I still have doubts but then I could try and trust him on that one.

He's my intended. My betrothed.

It may as well be worth it to give him a chance to prove his words.

Besides, he kissed me. That could mean something, right?

Remembering that moment, butterflies were as quick to come back in my stomach as they disappeared earlier.

I can't help it! That was the first-ever intimate action that I have done. My first kiss. It's so... gentle and soft. The way he looked at me after, so intently and deep. And-

God! Jane Athena, you need to stop.

How will I survive the dinner now if just a mere thought of that moment causes such a reaction from me?

"Lady Jane?"

It's been hours since. I froze. Don't tell me it's time to go?

"It's time to go now, my lady," Pauline announced, turning what I'm dreading into reality.

I gulped.

"Now?" I smiled anxiously as I turned to face her.

"Yes. You're summoned to the royal dining hall now. Let's go?" Pauline confirmed.

Seeing the hesitating smile on my face, Pauline chuckled.

"I heard from Sarah that you were left alone with the Prince earlier this morning, my lady," she teased, making me feel more embarrassed.