Chapter 010

Comment and Vote!

⚜️🖤⚜️🖤⚜️🖤⚜️

Jane's POV.

"Oh my God! I'm so excited for you, my lady! The prince will be coming here tonight!" Pauline gushed as she prepared the bath tub for me. As soon as she was done and went out, I let the robe fall and got in the tub.

"Are these rose petals necessary?" I asked her when she came back as I play with the petals floating on the tub. She doesn't usually put these petals in.

"Oh just an extra for tonight," she smiled innocently. Hmm, why don't I trust that?

The warm tub was relaxing as usual, so I ended up staying there for a while. I was even gonna fall asleep had not Elise came running to me in a rush.

"My lady! Prince Vincent is here!" She announced in panic.

What?!

"I thought he's gonna come here later?" I asked, blinking a few times.

"He didn't really say what time. But he's here! We need to get you ready!" She said.

Hold up!

"Oh no, I'm not getting out there, walk across the sitting room with him present, just to get to the bedroom!" I protested. I can't just go out there in a robe! That's inappropriate! Especially in front of a man!

"B-but," Elise couldn't even continue what she's gonna say.

Pauline peeked inside. "My lady?"

"Ask him to get out!" I blurted.

"Huh? Ask the prince to leave?" They look at each other, unsure with my request.

"Please?" I pleaded with puppy eyes.

Pauline hesitantly closed the door. I got out of the tub as Elise immediately plastered the robe in front of her for me to wear. We then heard a knock.

"Pauline?" I called.

"You can come out, Jane. I won't look," It was him who spoke. I widened my eyes as I froze in place.

I won't look? That's what they always say in books and then they were actually looking in secret! He thinks he can outsmart me?

I walked towards the door and pressed my left ear to it, trying to check if he's still on the other side.

"I won't look. You have my word," he spoke again, startling me once more. See this man, he hasn't even left on the other side of the door and he expect me to trust his word?

"Are you gonna close your eyes?" I asked after a while.

"If you want me to," he replied.

Of course I do!

"Please?" I said in a small voice.

I did not hear any reply. It took me a few seconds to finally take a peek outside. I let my eyes roam around the sitting room until my gaze landed to where he was. He stood by the fire place, arms crossed as he watched the burning flames. My eyes shifted to Pauline who was standing by my bedroom door, her head hanging low and was fidgeting with her fingers.