| s e v e n |

"how was it meeting your friends?" jeno looked at his roommate who diligently was drawing something for one of his classes. he looked at renjun, grimacing even though the latter wasn't looking.

"it was a mess, but it was so goddamn hilarious, i wish i filmed it. i walked in, and there was garbage and water everywhere, holy shit." a snicker left renjun at that, and he placed his pencil in water before turning to look at jeno. renjun crossed his arms and leaned into the chair as he watched jeno take off his coat and shoes. then he asked, "and you think they would make a great pair?"

"not think. i know." renjun nodded slowly. the two roommates stared at each other in silence, until renjun broke it, a laugh leaving him as he threw his head back a bit before shaking it. "and how's your plan for the two of them going, hm? did they fall in love yet?" renjun wiggled his fingers in the other's direction, the latter responding by rolling his eyes. jeno crossed his arms, shifting his weight from his right leg to his left.

"maybe not in love, b-" renjun cut his friend off, his hand reaching for his pencil again to continue his artwork, "but, they hate each other, which is basically the same thing, right?"

jeno scoffed at the sarcasm. he knew a bit more than he was telling his roommate, but he wasn't going to expose anyone yet - however, he really really wanted to say it, just to laugh out loud and tell him 'i told you so'. he kept quiet.

"well, maybe i have an excellent plan to get them to hang out." jeno said matter-of-factly, and renjun's eyes moved to look at him without turning his head upwards. from where he was standing, jeno could see his roommate's lips curl up in one of the sides as his eyes turned downwards towards his artwork again. renjun hummed, showing jeno that he was waiting for his answer. actually, that had been a lie, so he had hoped renjun would just take it and leave it, but he should've known better. finally jeno thought back to the fanfictions you had shown him, and came up with a plan on the spot, "i will ask both of them to hang out. tomorrow, actually. then i'll simply not show up."

"that's a terrible idea. where'd you get that? wattpad?" at renjun's words, jeno furrowed his eyebrows. he asked, "what the hell is wattpad?"

"it's a place where you can read and write books. like fanfictions and stuff." ah, jeno remembered. you had briefly mentioned it once or twice a couple of years ago when you were in your harry potter phase. one thing, jeno would like to know, however, was how renjun knew about it. jeno sat down in the seat beside his roommate, leaning into the seat with a small grin on his face. renjun felt an elbow jut into his side lightly, "you read love stories or something? how do you know about this wattpad?"

"shut up. i've just heard about it." renjun mumbled, his eyes not leaving what he was working on. jeno didn't miss the red tips of his ears however, but for his friend's sake he didn't comment on it.

"anyways, bad idea, they're gonna flip out. at least i would think that because of all the stories you've told about them." jeno thought about renjun's words for a few seconds, before deciding that he honestly didn't care about that. then he texted you and jaemin. renjun looked over his shoulder, watching as jeno typed the message and sent it. a dreamy sigh left renjun, "i can't wait to tell you that i told you so."

jeno clicked his tongue. you wouldn't get that mad at him..

right?

"i told you so." renjun walked into the kitchen, almost exactly 24 hours later, and jeno could only groan in response, pressing the voice-mail jaemin had left.

"okay, so sorry about y/n's screaming like a psychopath in her voice-mais- why the fuck are you hitting me? stop- excuse me. to put it nicely jeno. but why the fuck did you arrange this and then just not show up? do you- and i want you to be 100% honest with me- do you think any of us want to hang out with the other? alone? pick up the phone. thanks."

renjun nodded, leaning against the counter while sipping some juice he had poured himself, "he sounds so nice. like, i honestly think they're falling in love right now. wow."

jeno flinched a bit as his phone began ringing again and he decided to actually answer it. he cleared his throat as he slid his thumb across the screen, accepting the call from you, ".. hi y/n."

"jeno. why did you do this?" you asked into the phone, trying to ignore all the children running around you and jaemin at the carnival. what jaemin had said about you shouting was a lie, because you weren't shameless enough to shout curses at a carnival with families around. jaemin stood beside you, his foot tapping on the ground in an annoying way, and you elbowed him in the arm to hopefully get him to stop. finally, jeno replied into the phone, "okay, i'm sorry, i just totally forgot that renjun wanted my help today on one of his projects."

renjun slapped a hand over his mouth to stop himself from laughing out loud at that excuse. jeno glared at him, focusing on your voice as you replied to him, "fine, i will choose to believe you, even though i think you're most likely lying. i'll try to enjoy my day at the carnival, since me and jaemin paid for the tickets."

jaemin groaned slightly at the thought of having spent money on going to a carnival and then having to spend time with you of everyone. at his reaction you elbowed him in the arm again.

on the other side of the line, jeno was a bit speechless, not having expected you to neither believe him nor actually decide to try and enjoy this. after not saying a word for 5 seconds or so, jeno replied into the phone, "uhm, well, that's a good idea, i think. wouldn't want to waste money, right? but i really gotta go, renjun is calling me. so have fun! and text me when you get home!"

renjun snickered at his friend, "honestly, amazing idea, jeno! they didn't even get mad and leave like two voice-mails each! wow!"

"well, at least they're spending the day together." jeno said, and renjun could only shake his head at his roommate's words.

you sighed, watching as the call ended. taking one look at jaemin who you were going to spend the day with, you could only sigh. at your reaction, he raised his eyebrows at you, almost looking offended. after a few seconds, you copied him, your eyebrows rising as well. this turned into some kind of weird staring contest, and in the end jaemin rolled his eyes, deciding that the spontaneous staring contest was childish. jaemin spoke up, "let's go get something to eat."

"i vote for ice cream." came your response almost immediately, your feet already carrying you in the direction of the ice cream parlor. a snort escaped jaemin, and his hand reached out, grabbing the back of your shirt causing you to stumble back a bit with a yelp. it was mostly a joke you had said that, mostly to push his buttons, because why the fuck not? it wasn't your fault he 'didn't do dairy'.

"honestly, you're so hilarious! have you thought about becoming a comedian?" he almost sneered at you, and you only hummed with a bright smile on your face - his reaction being exactly what you had hoped to get. what had gotten you in a teasing mood, you didn't know yourself, it was like you and him had switched roles. you replied with a shrug, "i really am that hilarious, right?"

jaemin scoffed, pointing at a food stand, "let's just go get hotdogs."

"fine. rock, paper and scissors to find out who pays?"

"don't cry when you lose."

"i'll hurt you, jaemin."