Chapter Six

After digging through the ground, it turned out to be a small demon beast orb chest, he opened it and saw two orbs:

High level shadow beast-the same to the shadow beast in the shadow devil lamp Nie Li found, except a higher rank and power.

And

Low level shadow beast-the same as the last one except much weaker.

"Tsk tsk, being a high ranking while they were alive and still carrying a low level shadow beast, maybe they didn't know how to sacrifice them..makes sense it was only found in the Divine Dragon Realm, a lesser known and lesser powerful realm compared to the Draconic Ruins"

He sat down and started to fuse with the two beasts, he wasn't used to it and it took some time, but it wasn't hard overall.

After he had merged, he started to use a sacrificing method and suck the energy out of the lower demon beast and feed it to the other, a bit cruel but effective.

After he was done, the demon beast became at least twice the normal shadow demon beast, if only now I got a tank beast.

(By tank he meant something that can take a lot of damage and give it back)

He started to feel around for more treasures but only found 1 extra spatial ring, he put the 7 spatial rings he got and finally headed for Yu Yan.

He touched the bubble like barrier and deciphered the runes on it, he then walked inside and waited for Yu Yan, the fire spiritual goddess to appear.

And so it did, there was her tiny body floating in the middle of the pond, "I had been waiting for tens of thousands of years for someone to come, my name is Yu Yan, the fire spiritual goddess"

"Ashur Jiang, nice to meet you personally, if I'm not wrong, you must be one of the 36 spiritual gods out of the 108, am I right?"

"Ah, yes..anyways, the spiritual gods were already in a never ending battle, so when the demon beasts launched an all out attack on us, it didn't help and-"

"Several gods died, their souls expired and several other gods such as yourself lost your physical bodies and only a fragment of yourself remained."

"Yes, how do you know that?"

"Well.."

"If it's a personal reason you don't have to say, but I have something important I wish to ask you." She seemed serious, really serious.

"Ah, as long as it is with by power I will help you."

"The demon beast tribe has recently gotten a spiritual god and it want to destroy the humans legacy, I only have one third of my original state, and if the demon beast tribe gets more spiritual gods and takes control of all the laws, the humans as they are will die"

"So you're asking me to kill the spiritual gods?"

"Oh no no, that's not what I meant-"

"I'll do it."

"Eh?" She seemed really confused, why did a young man like him who she has just met accepted such a dangerous request so fast? "If it is your wish, I will do my best to help"

"There was once a human spiritual god with the law of time and space, when man was at the brink of extinction, the god of time and space entered the rivers of time and space and pulled some strings, affecting the past and the future. I didn't know what he did, all I could do was wait..until your arrival"

That crafty little god, he predicted all this eh? Nie Li was the one who was supposed to come here, but because of my existence, I came here stronger than him, before him.

"To help you in your journey, I'll teach you the power of law, of the twenty seven god human gods, 6 have died, if you can learn those laws that would be the best and most appropriate way. But don't try to bite off more than you can chew, a person with your strength will only be able to master only one law"

'One? My heaven devouring technique will allow me to master them all!' Ash thought to himself before saying, "the six that died were light, darkness, chaos, lightning, earth, and metal, with the first three being the most powerful am I correct?"

"Yes, that is correct" she wasn't surprised by his knowledge this time, he had personal reasons he wasn't going to tell and she didn't try to pry in.

"I'll start then" he takes off his clothes leaving only the swimming shorts he had prepared. He jumped in and started sensing, he knew she was about to teach him how but he didn't want to waste time, he needed to beat up Ning'ers fiancée after all.

30 minutes later

He had absorbed most of the soul force in the spring by now, but before starting to sense law, he dived down even deeper and found the glowing orb holding the divine spark of the flame goddess, but before he decided to reconstruct her body, he turned all his soul force into law power (it will still be referred to as soul force now, but it's still all and only law power, there's not much difference)

He came back to the surface and told Yu Yan, "I saw your body..and I'm pretty sure I can reconstruct it"

Yu Yan was doubtful, she didn't doubt that he would be able to reconstruct her body, but rather how long would it take, "Sense for law before that, you already know how to, so start with light"

He did so, he sat down and started meditating, in his own plane of mind, he saw a spark of light in front of him, "is this is? It's warm.." more sparks started appearing around him, "It's hot! It's too hot!" He left his mind plane and jumped in the water, he would've caught on fire if he had not jumped in the black spring. "What was that?! I was supposed to only see a spark but what I saw was as bright as the sun!"

"Are you serious? Such power can only come from the highest level of cultivation"

"Are you sure? Oh whatever, I'll try again." He went into his mind plane again, all the sparks had combined to really look like the sun, he slowly reached out his hand and touched it, he returned back and quickly checked the hand he touched it with.

It had a glowing golden symbol of the sun in the middle of his palms.

'Where there is light, there is darkness' that's what Nie Li said before mastering the darkness law and he did too.

On his left palm was a black dot extruding darkness.