Chapter Forty-Eight

Start from the beginning

Jackson whistled in awe. "Woah, this place is fucking insane."

"With the outside looking that amazing, I wonder what the inside looks like," Luke said.

"Okay, so maybe we should take this house and put it next to a lake," I told Phoenix. "Then it would be perfect for us."

"For us?" Nix looked over at me with a big grin on his face.

My cheeks grew warmer at his gaze. "Well, yeah, I'm not living in that big house all by myself, and you already know you're stuck with me for good, so get ready to live in a beach house on a lake, Nixie."

A soft chuckle came from him as he slipped his hand behind my neck. "You're the one that's stuck with me, Shortcake, but either way, I'll get you that house on the lake...our future home."

The corners of my mouth slowly turn up when I lean in to kiss him, but Jackson pops his head between us before that happened.

"You two have the whole weekend to be all gross and in love like this, so save it and let's go!"

Nix shook his head, placing his hand over Jack's face and pushing him backward. I let out a loud laugh at the sight in front of me before Ryder came knocking on my window, startling me. "Come on!" He shouted from outside as the others were hopping out of their cars.

The four of us got of Phoenix's truck, meeting everyone by the stairs that led to the house.

Vee walked up next to me. "When you said beach house, I was imagining like a large hut by the ocean for some reason, but not a beautiful mansion the size of my hometown."

I chuckled. "Hey, if you want that hut still, I'm sure we can figure something out," My shoulder gently nudged her as she smiled.

"Yeah, no, I'm good with this. I mean, it doesn't beat a hut, but it should do," Vee spoke in a joking manner.

"We can go check the place out first and then come back for bags after," My dad spoke up.

We all nodded in agreement before walking up the stairs, stopping at the front door.

My mom shouted from the bottom of the steps. "It should be unlocked!"

My brows furrowed. "Wait, why would they leave it unlocked? That doesn't sound smart."

"Or safe," Luke said.

Sam opened the door, walking in first as we followed.

"Damn, this is nice as hell," Ryder said as his voice echoed

My dad and mom came in last, shutting the door behind them. "What do you guys think?"

"I love it!" My voice was laced with excitement.

Nix slipped his arms around me from behind. "Yeah, all we have seen so far is the entryway, but I already know it's incredible."