Chapter 8: bottoms up

**Nanami POV**

Ema threw open the door to Y/n's apartment, "Hey guys! Come in!!"

She ushered us in, her eyes never leaving Gojo before she slammed the door shut behind us.

I had never been here before, and I didn't know what to expect, but this perfectly reflected everything I had known about her so far.

Her apartment smelled like the fresh earth after a rainfall with a small hint of lavender. It was warm and had such a calming energy that made me never want to leave.

What should've been her dining room was covered with overlapping rugs where she kept a simple pottery wheel, an easel, and art supplies on a set of shelves.

I stared at the variety of paintings and pots wondering if all this amazing work was hers. It must be.

Is this where she does most of her work? It's such a small space.

The living room was simple and cozy with a large couch, a small armchair, and coffee table. Her tv was placed on top of a bookshelf that laid sideways on the ground, displaying a massive collection.

She also had a record player with a nice collection there as well. None of the furniture or decorations seemed to match, yet everything still fit perfectly together.

"Make yourself comfortable," Ema smiled. "Y/n will be out in a second!"

"Aren't you only supposed to say make yourself comfortable if it's your place?" Gojo teased as he sat on the couch. He quickly stretched his arm out, crossing his legs, and quite literally making himself comfortable.

Ema giggled at the joke, but it really wasn't that funny.

"Ah, Y/n wouldn't mind!" she said as she made her way to the kitchen. "You guys want a drink!?"

I tuned them out as Gojo joined us in the kitchen which was just an open part of the living and dining area.

I walked around the edges of where her kitchen table should've been, looking at all the art work lying around. She really was so talented.

I looked down the hallway as I heard Y/n's voice.

"I told you I'd hold it for 2 days. You knew how long the list was!" she complained as a door in the back of the hallway whipped open.

I watched as she jumped out on one foot. She was trying to put her boot on awkwardly as she held up her phone in between her shoulder and ear. I couldn't help but smile at the slight.

"Finally," she muttered as she got the boot on and her foot slammed down on the floor.

"Yea, yea, I'm here," she called out.

She was about to walk into another room when she glanced down the hallway. Her eyes widened as she met mine, and I watched as the phone slipped out of her hands a bit.

She fumbled with it for a moment until finally gripping it again. She shot me a small, timid smile before disappearing into the second bedroom.

"Ah, sorry! I almost dropped my phone!" was all I heard before the door closed once again.

That was the clumsiest and cutest thing I had ever witnessed. But the fluttering feeling I had from seeing her were definitely overshadowed by the fact that she looked so shocked to see me.

"Gojo," I said as I walked over to the kitchen. "Did you tell Y/n I was coming?"

Him and Ema immediately began snickering.

"Nope! It's a surprise!" he smiled. "We got you a ticket though, don't worry!"

I sighed as I closed my eyes. Why was he always doing this? Then again, if I wasn't being so afraid for whatever reason, I could've just told her myself.