Chapter 5: change of plans

**Y/N POV**

It was now Tuesday, and I still haven't heard anything from Nanami.

Seriously, I had met him only a week ago, but he consumed the vast majority of my thoughts. I wondered what he enjoyed doing in his free time, what his favorite foods were, where he got his hair cut.

I wanted to know everything about him.

He always seemed interested when we saw each other, especially at the showcase, but he hadn't texted or called.

And I didn't have his damn number. If I did, I definitely wouldn't be waiting for him to make the first move.

I sat on a stool at the front counter of the bookstore. It was a quiet afternoon, so I took the time to catch up on some reading for class.

The bell on the door chimed, and I called out a small greeting, "Good afternoon."

I finally looked up to make eye contact with the customer, "Oh, it's you"

"Mm, don't look too excited to see me," Gojo teased with a small smirk.

Nanami was no where to be found... Meanwhile, I couldn't seem to get Gojo to leave me alone. I wouldn't mind being his friend, but it was obvious that wasn't what he was interested in.

Don't get me wrong, he was a handsome guy. Charming. But I'd seen his type too many times, and it just wasn't what I wanted.

Not that I was eager to settle down necessarily, I'm still young, but if I'm going to be spending my energy on someone, I wanted it to be worth it.

And Gojo reeked of games and disappointment.

"To what do I owe the pleasure?" I smiled at him.

"Well," he leaned up against the counter. "I thought maybe I could take you out to dinner."

I laughed, "I'm working Gojo."

"Afterwards of course! When do you get off?"

I checked the time on my phone, I actually got off in an hour which meant he'd probably wait for me.

"We close in an hour actually."

"Perfect! I can wait," he smiled. He did have a cute smile.

"Fine," I got up from the stool. "May as well make yourself useful then."

"I like the sound of that," he teased. "What do you have in mind?"

I smirked as I picked up a box of books from the ground, "Nothing too fun Gojo. You're going to use your height to help me stack these on the top shelf."

"I'd let you use me however you wanted, Y/n," he called in a flirty voice as I walked away.

Then again, if Nanami wasn't interested, having some causal fun with Gojo might be an option.

•••••

**Nanami POV**

"Nanami-sensei!!" I looked up from the book Y/n had recommended and saw Itadori running towards me.

I was only a chapter or two from being finished. She was right, it was amazing. I couldn't set it down. And as soon as I finished, I was going to go see her.

I still hadn't reached out. I just felt uncomfortable asking her out over the phone. It wasn't me.

But I felt like I needed an actual reason to go see her. And finishing the book was the perfect excuse.