Chapter 4: the secret

**Nanami POV**

There was a small patio outside of the showroom, so I went out back and leaned against the railing. I really needed some fresh air. I don't usually mind crowds, but tonight I was in a much different headspace than normal.

Hana was off with her friend for some drinks, so I decided to take advantage of that.

"Having fun?" Y/n walked up and leaned her hip against the railing, her body turned towards me as she held a glass in her hand.

"Yes, really, thank you for inviting us."

She smiled as she took a sip of her drink, never breaking eye contact.

"Cute date," she smirked.

I quickly looked away, feeling a little more bashful than I was accustomed to, "I just met her tonight, actually. Gojo invited them without telling me. I was expecting to come alone."

She laughed softly, "Why am I not surprised?"

I watched as she turned to look out onto the city lights, taking another small drink.

"I have to say, I was a bit disappointed when Gojo told me you were bringing a plus one," she glanced over at me. "I was hoping I'd finally get a chance to talk to you some more. Alone."

My eyes widened as she spoke. I couldn't believe she wanted to spend time with me. My heart was racing, and I felt that same heat wave rush through me.

I really didn't like how flustered she made me feel, but it was starting to seem as though I'd better get used to it.

"There you are!" Gojo called out.

I looked over to see him walking outside with both Hana and Jun. He was really starting to piss me off with his games and his terrible timing.

She turned around to face the group approaching, "So Gojo, find anything you want to buy?"

He smirked, "You're a true salesman, dear."

"I understand if they're a bit out of your price range," she said in a flirty voice. It was actually funny how she already knew how to mess with his ego.

"There's nothing inside there I can't afford. Just nothing in there I want," he flirted back.

"Guess I better go back inside then. See if that changes your mind," she winked before laughing and heading back towards the door.

This woman was definitely going to be the death of me. I was almost sure she had no interest in Gojo, and then she pulls a little stunt like that.

Maybe she just found it amusing... Hopefully that was all it was.

Gojo wasn't even trying to hide the fact that he was checking her out as she walked away. I felt a little bad for his date honestly.

"Nanami," he said before taking his eyes off Y/n. "I think there's a painting you may be interested in."

"Mmm," I mumbled as I looked back out over the city.

"Will you come take a look with me? Ladies, excuse us." With that, he pulled me inside the showroom once again, leaving the two girls to stay and chat outside.

"What is it?" I asked him annoyed.

"I think our dear Y/n has a secret."

I eyed him carefully, "A secret?"

"See for yourself," he gestured to a painting on a stand-alone wall in the middle of the room. I hadn't noticed it before, but looking at it now, I was more than confused.