Finn- Adrenaline

Your class was on an educational tour and everyone had to camp on Wreck Beach, Vancouver, Canada.

You were sitting on the sand, facing the waves, then glancing up the floating lanterns that your fellow campers released in the sky just a few minutes ago.

Everyone went far from where you stayed to gather around the campfire afterwards but you had to stay behind. You were burning up so your beach camp tent buddy, Finn, volunteered to go to 'The Sea Shack' and buy you medicine, emphasizing that it wasn't because he cared for you but because he was scared he might catch your flu.

You calmly listened to the waves crash as you waited for Finn to come back so that you could finish the special pair activity given by the camp master.

You felt your head throbbing so you closed your eyes and let the waves run through your hair. It calmed you down. It gave you utter peace.

In that pristine silence, you thought of how much you liked Finn. On the first day of class, you two clicked right away. You'd exchange memes, derp faces, and chats that makes totally no sense at all. In some people's stories, they caught him stealing a few glances at you before, so it gave you so much hope that maybe he felt the same.

Then people started teasing you together in the hallways whenever you guys passed by or whenever your paths crossed. I guess that made him feel so uncomfortable so he started ignoring you.

Months passed and you guys rarely talked. You missed spending time with Finn, even just hanging out as friends, snacking on the tastiest unhealthy eats you could ever think off and trying out some tricks you guys learned from skating with people from the hood.

You were happy when your friends bribed the teacher to have you two partnered. You didn't think it was necessary but you felt butterflies with the thought of it so you didn't protest. It was the perfect opportunity to catch up and maybe confess?

You thought that in that 3-day camp, you would grow closer now that most of the time, you would be together. But you thought wrong. Tonight is the last night and there doesn't seem to be any progress between you two. Finn seemed so close but so far away. He was indifferent. It felt that he was more annoyed than amused whenever you're there.

You slept at least two meters away from each other but it didn't matter if you dressed up cute or tried to look and smell nice. He doesn't seem to be fazed by your charms.

Then you thought of Ares, your first love. He was good-looking, tall, smart, famous, rich, kind, and talented. Almost perfect.He was a senior. You just reminisced how good the feeling of having your love reciprocated is. He was the first guy you ever had a mutual understanding of feelings with. At least, that's what you thought. You even almost got into a relationship with him but that all changed when bad rumors about him spread throughout the school.

He engaged into random fights just because he wanted to and showed up with bruises and cuts that he wore proudly like trophies. He tried all sorts of vices; drugs, alcohol, you name it. He had major anger issues and even got arrested a few times.

But it turned you off that even when he personally confessed to you and told you about plans in pursuing you, even when he knew you felt the same, he flirted with many girls. It was clear to you that you were just going to be another one of his toys if you pursued him so you cut him off completely.

That was four years ago. Then you met Finn. He was a riddle. He didn't need to be solved but you wanted so much to understand him. He intrigued you so much. He makes you laugh, he makes you feel warm, he excites you, he terrifies you, and when he's not around, you miss him.

You sighed and opened your eyes only to see a large man reeking of alcohol looking down on you. He grabbed on the zipper of your shirt and unzipped it. You were wearing a thick sweater inside and he wasn't pleased with that.