I gulped. “Uh…you’re the best make-up artist?”

She smirked at me. “Yeah… I am.”

I rolled my eyes as Joy and Nina burst out laughing at the fact that though I loved my sister to death but I was scared of her. Trust me, you don’t wanna know. Case closed. Let’s move!

I sat on my bed and picked up my phone, logging into my instagram page and checking my feed, liking any post I see, both from people I know and people I don’t know.

My phone buzzed and I checked the heart button to see I have a new notification:

zeem_official started following you.

Who the heck was zeem official? I shrugged mentally and opened the person’s page. My eyes bulged out of their sockets when I saw he had over thirty thousand followers on IG and he was following less than one hundred and fifty people.

And I’ve been struggling with six hundred and fifty followers for the past two years. What? I opened one of his posts−his only post actually− to see it was my seatmate, Ore Jumai in the picture. I was wowed. He had nothing less than fifteen thousand likes on just that one post. How was he so popular? I mean I knew he was popular in school and many other students from other schools in Ibadan knew the guy but I certainly did not expect him to be THAT popular.

He joined the geng of those people popular on instagram for no exact reason. I followed back though and liked the post, adding to the over fifteen thousand likes he already had.

I got new notifications, clicked on the heart button again and saw that he went ahead to like my posts, about five posts.

I smiled. It’s like we were doing like for like and follow for follow.

So…uh…why was I ignoring this guy again?

Yeah… so, after I saw my GCE results and lied about it to Nina and Ninu, I told him not to say anything about it and he kept my stupid secret. He was the only one who knew the real details of my results.

Nobody else, not even my parents or siblings knew about it. The day after he saw my result, I started ignoring him because of the way he stared at me when I lied to Nina. He had that judgemental look and probably already judged how disgusting a liar and dummy I was.

Although I’d always thought he was one proud guy, always showing off his brains and naturally athletic skills; always the ladies’ man…yes, he was the centre of attraction for all the babes at RBA. Even junior students crushed hard and famzed him.

On the other hand, maybe I ignored him more because of what the physics teacher said. I did not want him to be my tutor and I did not want anybody else. They’d just find out they were dealing with a total blockhead and I think I’ve gotten embarrassed enough for that. No one else needs to know how dumb I am.

Even though Ore tried to make me talk to him once. It worked at first but got ruined when he brought physics up.

I admit I did feel bad for ignoring him but whatever. I couldn’t care less.

“Awww, lukatchu looking all cute, Joyie,” Nina gushed out as Joy-Anne stood up looking as hot as a model. I took in her outfit.

She wore a maroon-colored, long-sleeved loose crop top which one hand fell over her right shoulder, coupled with black jeans that had colored patches making it look ripped. She then wore black heeled boots on her feet. Her make-up was neat and nicely done — not too much and at the same time not too small. Her hair was let down in loose curls making her facial features come out more. No argument; Joy-Anne was beautiful, easily the most beautiful girl in our set.