“How are you feeling dear?” the women asked.

“Fine I guess.”

“Are you in any pain?” I shook my head. “Oh good. That means the medicine is working.” She smiled brightly. “Oh how rude of me,” she held out her hand and I took it. “My name is Abigail and this is my husband/mate Charles. We are the pack doctors.”

“Hello, I’m Gabriella but I go by Gabbi.” They both gave me big smiles again. “Not to sound stupid or anything but what do you mean by pack doctors?”

Everyone chuckled but it was Charles that answered. “You know how wolves are part of a packed correct?” I nodded my head. “Well that is the same way with werewolves, unless you are a rogue of course. Anyway, my wife and I take care of everybody who has something medically wrong with them, such as a cold, broken bone, child birth.” I nodded my head in understanding. “When we get to the house, I would like to finish fixing you up and have you eat something before you get into this very large conversation you are about to have.”

I nodded my head again and sighed. The car ride was silent after that. I just leaned my head on Caden’s shoulder and he seemed pleased. About ten minutes later we were pulling up to my uncle’s house.

My mom, aunt, Samantha, Addy and Katt all were out the door before we made it to a complete stop. I looked at my mom and tilted my head. I’d give her and Nathan time to discuss how they wanted to tell us the big secret, so instead of asking for the truth right away I asked a different but otherwise just as important question.

“How are they?” my mom looked at me and began to cry. Damn I must look really bad.

“They are fine. I put ice on Colby’s eye and Ariel’s cheek. They are asleep now.” I nodded my head. Not wanting to say anything else. Caden walked with me behind the doctors and I could hear both Nathan and my mom talking behind us. I was sat in a room I had never seen yet. It looked like a little hospital room.

“Okay Gabbi, I am going to take a blood sample to make sure everything is fine and a few x-rays and look at those while Abby takes care of all the injuries on your body.” I raised my eyebrow at him. He rubbed his neck and his cheeks turned a pink color. “You need to be, um, undressed for us to look and I thought it best if she did it, considering we don’t know each other well enough yet.” I could feel my own cheeks heat up and nodded my head.

“Thank you.”

Ten minutes later, he had taken the x-rays and the blood and left the room to the one next to it. Abby helped me undress and lay back on the bed. She took notes of all the injuries I had. After that she cleaned all the blood off of me and stitched up all the cuts that were too deep. After that she put a cast on my ankle and a sling on the arm that my father dislocated the shoulder on. She then helped me in a big t-shirt and baggy shorts. She grabbed a couple of ice packs and placed them on different parts of my body and told me just to relax for a few moments while the ice took down the swelling.

About fifteen minutes later she was taking off the ice and told me one of the twins would be in here to take me out to the living room so that we could have our talk.