Chapter 22

Hello lovey readers, here is chapter 22. Enjoy!

I got up and took both of our plates to the sink. I turned to face everyone but I only wanted to talk to one person. I walked straight to Tony.

“I need to speak to you.” He looked at me. “Privately, please.” He nodded his head and I could feel everyone watching us as we walked away. I followed him to his office and he sat behind his desk. I couldn’t sit so I paced in front of it.

“What is Gabbi?”

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair, “Do you remember when we first got here?” I asked, looking at him.

He nodded his head, eyebrows scrunched in confusion and anger. “Yes I remember.”

“Good, then you remember what I asked you to promise me.” I looked him right in the eye.

He looked at me, his eyes slightly wide and he was shaking his head, “No Gabbi, you can give up yet.”

“I’m not giving up yet but I know him. I am simply going with a different outcome. You have to realize he wants to win and he doesn’t lose easily. I want to know before I go there that they will be safe.” I looked to him. “I need to know that if things go wrong they will be safe, that they do not have to deal with him again.”

He sat there for a long time; I walked over to the window. Angry gray clouds, it looked like it was about to storm. Perfect, it matched my mood perfectly.

“What about the twins?” I turned slowly. It hurt me to know I was going to hurt me hurting them.

“What about my mom? Colby? Ariel? They need a mom, they are only children. Me? I’ve lived to adulthood even though it would be considered short, I’ve still made it.” I gave a big sigh, sat down and looked at him. “Please.”

He sat for the longest time, not saying anything. He finally looked at me with sad eyes. “Fine.” I let out a breath that I didn’t know I was holding. I got up and gave him hug.

“Thank you.” I look over to see that we had an hour left. “I have to go get ready.” He nodded his head and put it in his hands. I walked out of the room to see everyone standing there. As soon as Holly saw him, slummed over his desk, she ran to him.

I walked past everyone and went to my room; I could feel the twins, Katt, Addy, Carter and Luke following. I went straight for my closet, were I put on some jeans and a t-shirt and came back out. We all just sat there, not saying anything. There was a knock on the door and still no one moved. My mom walk in, no emotion on her face.

“It’s time.” And she walked back out. I got up and walked to the door.

“Gabbi?” I turned around and looked at Katt. “Be safe.” I nodded my head, all the boys following me out. As we walked to the front door you would think we were going to war. My mom was already at the front door and when I got there I nodded my head. We walked out in silence and we got in the car. We drove all the way to the café not saying a word and when we got there, we just sat in the parking lot.