Chapter 7

Just a heads up, this chapter gets a little heated ;) Pic of Adrian on the side ---->

_______________________________________________________

I woke up feeling awful. My eyes hurt and felt puffy, and my toes felt like an elephant decided to dance on them. That’s when all the events of yesterday came rolling into my head. Shit! I hate showing any weak emotion and to think, everyone saw me.

 I groaned and looked at the alarm clock 17 minutes past 2 in the morning. I groaned again. Wonderful. I have school in less than 4 hours and I am not in the mood. That’s when my stomach gave a growl. Well I did miss dinner.

Kicking off my covers, I took my sports bra off and slipped on a baggy t-shirt. I slipped out of my room and walked over to my brother and sister’s room. They were both sleep peacefully and it put a smile on my face. I slipped out and went to my mom’s room. There lying in bed was Nathan, holding my mom to him and she looked so at peace. I was so happy for her. I left and snuck down the stairs.

I walked in the kitchen and went to the fridge and started to look around for something good. Finding a leftover slice of pizza, I grabbed it got a paper towel and laid it on the counter. I went to go get a cup from the cabinet but I was too short, I reached but still couldn’t reach. When an arm shot out and grabbed me a cup, making me jump, placing it on the counter.

 I was then flipped around and put on the counter to come face to face with Adrian. He looked terrible. He had bags under his eyes, like he hadn’t slept. His eyes were boring into mine and I couldn’t look away. That emotion was swirling in his eyes again.

 He leaned in and crushed me to his chest, hugging me. I wrapped my arms around him and closed my eyes. It was then that I realized he made me feel safe. I began to silently cry again.

He lifted my head up, hands on both sides of my faces as he wiped my tears away. “I’m so sorry.” He whispered. Leaning his forehead against mine, looking deep into my eyes. I gave him a small smile that he returned with a small one of his own. We sat there like that for a while until my stomach growled again. He chuckled as my face grew warm.

“Here let’s let you eat.” He went a filled my cup with juice setting at the table with my pizza. He then came and picked me up, placing me in his lap and began to feed me.

“You know I can feed and sit myself, right?”

He smiled at me, “Yes but I like you sitting on my lap while I feed you.” I blushed a deep red at his confession.

“Okay.” I mumbled as he continued to feed me. “What are you doing up, anyway? It was his turn to blush.

He began to rub the back of his neck, “I don’t sleep well and I was worried about you.” I began to choke on my juice; he smacked me on my back.

“Why the hell were you worried about me?” yet again he blushed, I thought it was very cute on him.

“I just do.” he said giving me a look to say drop it for now. I nodded my head. I looked around the kitchen, it was then that I noticed Caden was nowhere to be found. It was odd because I always had both of the twins around.

Adrian chuckled, “He’s passed out in the living room. He couldn’t sleep either but fell asleep about 10 minutes ago.” It almost looked like he was happy that I remembered about Caden. I raised my eye brow at him.

“You two are weird, you know that.” I said and he chuckled again.

“Well I should get back upstairs, we got school tomorrow.” I said trying to get up from Adrian’s lap, but he tighten his grip, giving me a million dollar smile that I haven’t seen before. It made my heart skip a beat. He should smile like that more often, it looks good on him.