Chapter 24

AND THE WINNER IS............
_______________________________________________

Addy, Katt and I were sitting in my room enjoying our time together. I was sitting on my bed, reading a book as the other two were looking through baby magazines thinking of the past three weeks.

It had been quiet, as in no word from Brian the Bastard, as we now started to call him, and we were all getting a little nervous. I had dinner with just Nathan or dad as I now called him and had a nice time talking and learning about each other.

The twins and I had become even closer; let’s just say a lot of the house and forest had been left untouched from our love making.

Katt was huge and was ready to pop any moment and Addy was just now starting show. So both my friends looked about nine months and three months pregnant. It was hard for me to be around them and I could see the twins were also having trouble hanging out with Carter and Luke. Don’t get me wrong I was happy for all four of them but I just felt down when they kept talking about it non-stop. Like a few nights ago….

Flashback:

I set the table for dinner. It was just us teens because the adults and the two kids went out for dinner. I just put the pasta, salad and sauce on the table when everyone started to walk in.

Carter was helping the waddling Katt to her seat. Luke was close to Addy and wouldn’t let her do much on her own. We all sat down and the girls started to talk about different baby things.

“We still haven’t figured out a name yet.” Grumbled Katt as she shoved her face full of the pasta.

“You’ll be fine, when you see his little face and you hold him for the first time you’ll know his name.” Addy reassured her, patting her hand that was on the table.

I felt a lump in my throat as I tried to ignore their conversation, so I started to listen the guys conversation but it wasn’t much better.

“I want to teach my boy everything, you know? I want to be there for him for everything.” I was told a week ago that Carter’s son will take over the pack after he has been trained because I couldn’t produce the new heir. I found this out when we had sat down with all the adults and told them everything. I think Samantha took it the hardest, never having a grandchild.

I frowned down at my pasta as I listen to both of their conversations; baby this baby that. I couldn’t wait to be an aunt but I am mature enough to admit that I was jealous of all of them.

I looked over at the twins to see them listen to the guy’s conversation, nodding their heads here and there but I could see the longing in their eyes. I felt a pang in my chest knowing that I couldn’t give them the one thing they wanted the most.

“So what do you think Gabbi?” I shook my head and looked at Katt.

“I’m sorry what did you say?” I saw Addy, Luke, the twins and Carter frown at me but Katt seem oblivious to the way I was uncomfortable about this conversation.