Trouble

BANG
BANG
BANG

I groaned as I woke up, my eyes squinted as the sun hit my eyes. Somebody was pounding on my door, and that somebody was him.

"Go away" I shouted, trying to make whoever it was disappear.

"open this fucking door right now" a familiar voice said, it was the guy from next door.

"Why are you knocking on my door so early" i said, walking over towards my wardrobe to grab my robe.

"Because you got someone to put a fucking notice on my door" he said, his nostrils flared and his fists were clenched. I totally forgot about that notice and now I regretted evening complaining.

I opened the door and peeked around the corner, he was standing against the wall with the sign in his hand.

"Oh that's not good" I replied, swallowing my guilt away, then I tried shutting the door in his face but he stopped me with his arm.

"What do you mean that's not good. Your obviously the one who fucking made them put it here" he said, shoving past me and walking into my dorm.

"Hey! I didn't say you could come in!" I shouted, watching his every move.

"Well I guess you better resolve the matter with me otherwise I'll fucking mess you up" he said, grinning towards me.

"Fine, I'll tell them we've sorted this out but only if you keep the noise down" I said, pointing in his face and shoving him outside.

"You'll never get rid of me, darling" he said, winking at me then walking out.

I sighed and walked over to my bed, I decided I needed to ring my big brother to see how he was coping.

"Hey, how's mom?" I asked him, hoping for a good awnser.

"Not the best, she's still drinking" he said, which made me take a deeper sigh.

"what are we going to do? I feel like she's never going to get better" I whispered, trying not to cry,

"We need to get more money, then she could go to rehab" he said, my mind lighted up at the idea.

If I could make more money, mom could finally go to rehab and life could be normal again.

"I'll sort this out, I promise" I said, hanging up and walking to my fridge to make breakfast.

I decided to make some eggs and bacon which was all I had left. I sat on the stool and checked my social media's, I wasn't popular so nobody really messaged me.

Today was a Saturday so I had absolutely nothing to do, I just showered and did some painting. It was one of my favourite things to do apart from writing,I connected my ear phones and listened to some artic monkeys while painting on the large canvas.

"Why'd you only ever call me when your highhhh!" I sang, swaying my hips to the sound of the music.

"Nice painting" someone said, my head spinner around and saint was standing there watching me.

"What the fuck? How did you get in here I swear if you don't sto-"

"I just came to give you your earring that you left the other night" he said, handing me my sparkly earring, his fingers grazed across mine and his touch was so soft.

"Oh thanks" I said, smiling at him and placing it back inside my ear.

"No problemo, sugar" he said, grinning and walking out. What's the reason for that nickname, he's such a weird guy.

I decided it was time to speak with the manager downstairs, I needed to tell her I've resolved the matter.

"Hi my names sage wills and I just wanted to let you know I've resolved the problem with my neighbour, it's all good now" I said, smiling at the receptionist who just sat there with no expression.

"Okay" she said, it was an awkward silence afterwards so I just headed back upstairs.

I walked down the hallway but bumped into a hard chest, "Did you tell them?" He said.

Saint was staring down at me, smirking at me.

"Yes I did, if you must know" I whispered, not wanting to make a scene outside.

"Good, because if the problem was still there you'd be in a lot of trouble, sugar" he said, lifting my chin upwards so I could face him.

I faded out of my daze and shoved my way past him, my face was hot and flushed.

Later on, I decided to look for job applications just temporary so I could earn some money. I saw an advert which said:

Evan's goods-
Evans goods is a small coffee shop that serves hundreds of customers each day, we have a average pay and many friendly staff.
Pay- $11 per hour.
Time-7am-6pm

It seem decent enough so I decided to apply, hoping I could be lucky enough to get this job.

An hour later I had received a email which said,

Good evening,

Thankyou for your application for
Evan's good's we appreciate your request.

Your request has been approved and you may start Monday.

I felt like screaming with joy, this was my first job which I could earn something from. I texted my brother with excitement, making sure to tell everyone I know.

The next day

My alarm started beeping, i opened my eyes then quickly jumped up and opened my curtains, today was going to be good.

I walked over to my wardrobe and grabbed a white blouse with a small black jacket, then also a black skirt. I grabbed my Chanel shades which my dad had bought me years ago along with my bag then exited my dorm.

I walked down the street, noticing the sign which said Evan's good's , my heart started racing with joy. I quickly walked across the street and strolled inside, it was quite a cosy place but very dull, with black interior and some paintings hanging on the walls.

"Hi, I'm supposed to start working here today" I said, to a friendly looking women on the counter.

"Of course! Sage right? Follow me!" She beamed, waving me over. I walked behind the counter and put the apron on which showed there logo.

"I just have to go get the boss, I'll be back in a second" she said, quickly skipping outside.

I took my chance to take a deep breath and fix my hair, my knee was tapping up and down.

"Hello miss wills, a pleasure to meet you" a deep voice said, I looked upwards to notice a man with a large black hat covering his face.

"Oh hello mr evan's" I politely said, shaking his hand which he extended.

He slowly pulled his hat from his head, revealing those familiar piercing green eyes.

"Hello, sugar"

Hey guys, hope this chapter was okay. I need your help because I'm struggling with how to carry this story on as I didn't think anybody would read it, please let me know if you want it to be a mafia story or something different. Check my recent announcements for more info.
-love M