One More Night

Soundtrack
Buzz Cut Season - Lorde
Eight - Sleeping at Last
Doin Time - Lana Del Rey
Put It On Me - Matt Maeson

A/N Lè sigh. Let's do this.
trigger warning: smut, talk of blood, attempted rape, murder, violence.

Today was Rey and Kylo's wedding rehearsal. Fretfulness over the past few nights about today had you nervous. You had a meeting with your brother at the party tonight. You had chosen the very public event knowing Kylo and the knights would be there if anything went sour.

The day kept you busy with the wedding plans. You had filled your car with you all of the night's decorations, and decided to head over right when you woke up to start the day. Rey had chosen a venue where there was an outdoor area was full of Edison bulbs and pews outside. The rehearsal area was across the field in a barn.

Your flats tiptoed around the floor to see where exactly everything needed to be. Placing tables and garland on the backs of chairs. This was one of your favorite parts of wedding planning. Making perfection with every centerpiece and every flower.

You had cranked up your phone to have in the background. You hummed along to the songs as you tried to push the next day out. The caterers had filtered in and began cooking and placing plates. A few guests started to trickle in and you went to the back room to put on your blazer.

You walked into the dark room and flipped on the light. James Lin stood in the middle of the room. "Hello Ms. De Costa. I have been waiting for you. Your brother sends his regards. He won't be able to make it " You froze. He had a knife in his hand bouncing it between his palms. You swallowed hard. You had nothing on you but scissors from cutting and styling chair ribbons.

"James. You need to leave. This is a private event." Walking to the side as he took a step towards you. "Oh, Y/N, I will be leaving. You will be coming with me." Moving inward to you, you took another step to your left. "I wasn't told to bring you in alive, so it can go whatever way you want. We just want Ren to get angry and make a mistake. You will be his downfall, Princess." He lunged towards you with the knife, and you pivoted. Taking a step to his left and punching him in the kidney.

You had held your own with your brothers, so you would not be outdone by some halfwit asshole with an agenda for kidnapping you. Again. James turned to look at you, smirking, he lunged again. This time you sucker punched him in the nose when you went below him. "Fuck! You bitch!" Tossing his head his face covered in blood already. Smiling at your victory, gave him a warning. "Come near me again, I will kill you James." Rage filled his eyes and he took a swing at you. He hit your chin, and you stumbled back dropping the scissors you had in your hand.

He jumped forward pulling your hair by the back of the head and yanked it. "Ren knew what he was doing fucking the little mouse of the De Costa family." Your palms went to his fist, caught in your now tangled hair. Wincing in pain as he pulled it tighter pulling you up across the floor. "I think I need to have a little taste of the baby of the family. Let's see how hard you hit when you're the one bleeding."

A hard slap against your face propelled you across the floor. Feeling blood on your lip, you looked up. You saw the scissors and reached for them. James walked towards you and you crawled backwards. "James please don't do this." Pleading, your back hit the wall of the office. Nothing between you and James now, he started to unbuckle his belt.

Your eyes started to water. You didn't want to hurt him much less kill this man. But you were not going to be molested or raped. You opened the handles, and put them between your fingers. He came towards you fast. You squeezed your eyes shut and shoved the blades into his chest. He screamed and fell into you. His eyes found yours and his mouth spat a curse. "I'll fuckin' kill you, you fucking cunt!" Tears streaming down your face, you pulled the scissors out and backed up quickly.