3

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

Walking into the gym isn't a new feeling for Miya Osamu, for almost all of elementary school, middle school and high school, he has spent most of his time here either perfecting serves, spikes or receives. This time, however, was different. The usual nonchalance that surrounds him was gone and replaced by fear and nervousness.

For some weird reason, the principal of Inarizaki High decided that gymnastics was what the school needed, so he hired people who would come and teach the students the basics of gymnastics. Each grade was divided into small sections, instead of by class, and were given a time where they would be taught gymnastics. Usually Osamu doesn't care about whatever weird thing the principal decides is necessary. The fencing, Japanese archery (Kyūdō), and sporadic event he makes top students plan, doesn't faze him, but gymnastics did, for one reason.

Miya Osamu cannot do a cartwheel.

Normally, this is nothing to be embarrassed about, but when you are forced to learn gymnastics while also having the grace of a pig stuck in oil, it becomes a problem, especially, if your twin brother can do a cartwheel. So with teeth clattering and palms sweating, he waited for his embarrassing secret to come to light.

The group he was put in consisted of his friends and a few other people in his grade. There was also the one person who he did not want in his group at all costs, his twin brother Miya Atsumu. Most of the time, he didn't care if they were in the same class, same friend group or even shared the same birthday party. Osamu likes having his brother around because he knows he'll never be alone. But in this moment, under the gym lights, he wished his brother was in a different class.

"Samu, are you okay, we haven't even started and you're sweating bullets," Atsumu asks his twin.

"Yea, it's just hot today," Osamu lies.

"It's kinda weird how we have to do gymnastics though, don't you wanna think?"

"Yea, but who knows what goes on in our principal's head. I just think gymnastics is the weirdest thing he could've chosen. Like in what scenario am I going to need to know how to do somersaults."

"I think he just chose it for fun," Ginjima interrupts, "I mean it's not entirely bad. It certainly beats running around for an hour or two."

"Yea that's true, I hate going on runs," Suna says, "I'd rather tumble around too."

Their conversation was cut short by the instructor walking into the room. There were two of them, a strong, muscular woman wearing a tight leotard and loose pants on top, and a shorter man in sports attire. The gym became silent as they started to explain what gymnastics is and how it is done. The two were going to be at the school for a week for this special lesson, and each grade was going to get five hours in total with the instructors.

Every sentence that passed through the instructor's lips just added to the stress Osamu carried. He felt as if a giant weight was crushing him into the ground. For a second, he tried blaming this intense pressure and weight on an enemy stand user! But he soon after laughed at his thoughts, dismissing this crazy idea on the fact he was rewatching some episodes of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Even if there was an enemy stand user in the building, the boy would've preferred meeting one of them rather than embarrassing himself.

The instructors finished their explanations and started their demonstrations for today's lesson. Today, they would be teaching the class the basics of gymnastics and assessing everyone's skill level. Stuff like cartwheels, somersaults, backwards rolls, bridges and balance were going to be taught and assessed. Majority of the students groaned after hearing the lesson plan, many of the stuff they are going over are things they tried doing as a child.