Chapter 26

Kaylai King

California

Shifting underneath the comforter I faced toward a snoring Kari, analyzing his face. Reaching for my phone I replied to some of the texts from the construction people that are currently down at the beauty bar.

Zai🤎

we going to the shop to look at the progress right?

        yeah, haven't been down there since last month. wanna see the prog.

girl they really getting busy down there, not playin no games

it's the end of july right. so we should be finished by the end of august

period.

I'll meet you down there at like 1:00

kk

Exiting out of the text I got up from the bed before walking into the bathroom starting the shower on steaming hot water before leaving out of the bathroom and walking inside the closet to find something to wear today. After finding a white legging and top set I walked into the bathroom getting into the shower. 

After spending 45 minutes in the shower, I got out before moisturizing my body with coconut oil and body lotion. Putting on my outfit for the day, I brushed my teeth and then got started on my hair that was looking a mess from the events that took place last night. Laughing a lil I grabbed my brush and then slicked it down into a low ponytail.

Putting deodorant on I took a couple of pictures in the mirror before walking back into my room. Looking over at Kari I shook my head as he was still laying in the same spot and snoring even louder.

Picking up the clothes that were scattered on the floor from last night I put them in the laundry basket while hearing my door open. Looking up I saw that it was Khalil.

"Goodmorning, how you sleep?" I asked while grabbing the basket of dirty clothes

"Slept straight but their some nigga's banging on the door for the past 5 minutes now" he said while stretching

"Ok here I come" I said following him out the room before walking downstairs to the front door

"Damn gon break my door" I mumbled while looking through the peep whole seeing that it was police officer

Sighing I walked back upstairs to where Kari was sleeping to wake him up. "Kari" I said shaking his arm

Not responding he turned back to the other side falling back asleep. "Kari Joann get up" I said still not getting a response

"Fine, let me go talk to the feds instead" I said loudly so he would hear.

"You said the feds here?" he said sitting up on the bed

"Yeah they been banging on the door for 7 minutes now" I said getting off the bed

"Fuck they want. But aight here I come" he said walking into the bathroom

Walking back downstairs to the kitchen I repeatedly kept hearing the front door being banged on. Shaking my head I walked into the kitchen opening the pantry so I could cook breakfast for us.

"Khalil you like strawberry pancakes right?" I said while taking the fruit out of the fridge

"Yeah, that's fine" he said from the living room

"Ok" I said hearing walking come from down the stairs before hearing the front door open stopping the hard knocks.

"Why y'all banging on my door like that" I heard Kari say as I put the one finish battered pancake in the pan. Before walking to the living room to be nosey.