Chapter 5 - Unexpected

Son Yejin's POV

Ever since that night, we have been in constant contact with each other and are hanging out often, just like what friends really do. We would hang out at least 2 times a week. The two of us made sure to allot time for each other. We have become each other's "go-to" and "one call away" friend.

We have been hanging out almost 6 months now. Bin called me earlier. He just got home from Jeju. He invited me to a dinner at 7 in his apartment which has a floor-to-ceiling glass window overlooking the beautiful night lights of Seoul. We make sure to allot time for each other when he's in Seoul since he travels back and forth between Seoul and Jeju to take care of his coffee shop. 

I am seriously looking forward to this dinner since it has been a while since he last cooked. I miss his cooking and I must admit, I miss that guy who looks like a meatball.

It's now 5:23pm of the 1st of December. While waiting for the time to pass by, I am just going to arrange my things in my room. It is a total mess in there for heaven's sake! I already bought his favorite wine, and I will bring it over to his place later.

I hear my phone's alarm, so I grab it to turn off the alarm and start doing things that need to be done. I clean my room and arrange things.

Before I go out, I text Bin to inform him that I am leaving house and about to head over to his apartment. As I lock my door, I receive a reply from him. "Okay, please be safe. And also, do not forget to wear your jacket or coat or whatever to keep you warm. It's already freezing cold outside. I do not want you to be a frozen meat. LOL."

This man really is something. It's still a mystery for me, up until now why he doesn't have a girlfriend. He's a good catch!

After laughingly reading his text, I reply to him and proceed to the elevator and press the button that leads to the parking lot.

As I drive my car, I always remind myself not to go over 60 kmph. The last thing I want to happen in my driving experience is to get in trouble for over speeding. Luckily, there is no traffic tonight. I feel relieved. I will be able to get to his house on time. 

After 15 minutes of driving, I finally arrive at his apartment building. I park my car at the guest's parking space. I put on my coat and ready get off my car. Oh! I almost forgot the wine I bought. I reach out to the passenger's seat where I placed it earlier. After I grab the wine, I enter the building and ride the elevator to the 22nd floor where his unit is.

I knock in his door with a smile already plastered on my face, my other hand raising what I brought. When he opens his door, he laughs at me and said "Oh God. You look silly."

I push the wine to his chest and roll my eyes at him. "I hate you."

He let me enter and closed the door. He shakes his head and chuckles. "We both know you love me."

We just laugh it off as he puts the wine I handed him to the dining table. The dinner is all set. He cooked my favorite food! It's a duck breast with pomegranate citrus glaze.