family reunion

Capricorn, in contrast to Virgo, looked happy. He ran his hands through his hair and wrapped an arm around Virgo. Seemingly, unbothered by their failure.

"So... they found the spring?" Leo slowly mumbled.

Scorpio, who had Aquarius hunched over his back, said what everyone was thinking, "I did not see that coming."

Nobody knew why Virgo was so upset. Sure, maybe she wanted to be the one to find the spring, but we all had the same end goal. It was just a Virgo thing to be upset about. Without speaking, she made a land bridge to cross over.

Nobody had crossed with her until she glanced back at them, "What are you waiting for? I still need to find that spring."

The use of I made Taurus feel uneasy but she complied. The tall shaft of light was still shining just as bright. They followed the beacon until they realized a few things: the spring wasn't very far and that it was on the other side of the river, so there would be no way of them finding it. 

Still, it irritated Virgo. Through the bushes, Taurus heard whispers of the other Zodiacs and Vega.

×××

Pisces knew touching the light in front of her would-be dangerous but it was just so pretty. She rubbed the burn mark on her wrist.

"You guys have to stop getting hurt!" Libra clamored. She applied aloe and bandages to her wrists. Pisces heard rustling in the bushes behind her.

As she said that, Pisces saw her friend Scorpio appear through the greenery. Libra gasped at the girl on his back.

"What..." Libra said dumbfounded, "What happened."

Scorpio laid her down beside Pisces.

"She got sick..." He answered. Before he could say more, he was cut off by Virgo.

"I hear you found the spring," she questioned Vega. He nodded in response.

"It's behind this," he revealed a wall of moss. Virgo was astonished but intrigued. Vega put his hand straight through the barrier and confirmed it to be a false wall.

"But it leads to a cave?" he discerned.

"Come with me," Vega lead Capricorn and Virgo deep in the dusty, damp grotto.

It was oddly spacious for a cave and had a particular amount of light that seemed unnatural. The walls glistened a crystal blue color. From what Capricorn discovered, light simply reflected from the mirror walls which made the area only seem bigger.

Vega led them into a pathway with more narrow walls and a lower ceiling. When he stopped, Virgo widely smiled at the sharp light at the end of the tunnel.

"So that's the Cosmic Spring?" Capricorn asked impatiently.

"Yep, the Keeper probably there already. Just waiting for us. We were just waiting for you to get here before we speak"

"Well, thank you, Vega," Virgo's irritability simmered down.

"Shall we get the others?" Capricorn asserted.

×××

"It looks like she hadn't eaten anything sustainable in a few weeks..." Libra specified, "On top of her lack of sleep, this is a classic case of self-neglect. However, I'm guessing this is just a reaction to a cold."

Scorpio stared, horrified. Libra didn't look too startled, like Scorpio. However, she looked rather concerned. It's just another example of her being completely reckless.