east coast night light

A/N
Hey! So some idiot at school exposed me to COVID and now I'm missing a LOT of important things for school. Competitions, sports, etc is off the table so I decided it would be cool to write on more! Anyway love you guys and I hope you like this chapter!!

×××

Gemini grumbled from the balcony of his Cuban apartment building, while Libra rambled on the phone about how the Keeper had hijacked their lives for the time being. He was not in the mood to save the universe. While it sounds selfish but Gemini could write a novel on why he shouldn't have to help the Keeper.

Of course, if Gemini had been the author of such a novel- it would mostly consist of the same grievances, accusations and excuses repeated but in different wording.

Knowing Gemini, he could pull it off and close to nobody but his close friends, Capricorn, Aquarius, and Virgo could point out his bullshit. Well, they weren't exactly close friends now that the subject crossed his mind. He hadn't seen any of his fellow Zodiac spirits in person in almost a century.

Besides the minor interactions, he kept records of their contacts and briefly spoke with them to exchange contact information. He'd spoke more often with Libra than anyone else. Only because she's a fellow Air spirit and definitely not because he loved the sound of her voice and her ringing valley girl accent. Besides if that wasn't the case, he would totally have kept in contact with the last Air spirit, Aquarius.

If that was confusing, good. There is absolutely nothing that makes sense in the world of the Air spirits. Bottom line, he hadn't had contact with Aquarius so the amount of disappointment and confusion in Libra's voice made him feel nearly irritated enough to find her digital presence annoying. Which was hard to accomplish. Gemini sighed at how hard being the most important, most talented, and best looking Air spirit was.

Libra did her best to fill Gemini on the details. She told him they had found Aries and Sagittarius last night, not in a position that they had hoped. Nevertheless, relieved to have found them. Now they were on their way to find Leo and Taurus. Libra cracked a terrible joke about the west coast- that he rather not hear again.

Gemini scrambled to lift his mattress while his phone rested in the balance on his shoulder and his ear, subconsciously listening to Libra explain more details, which she gained from Vega who was half asleep at the wheel. Gemini's hands scanned over the papers that were sandwiched between his box spring and his mattress until a lime green notepad caught his eye.

"Ah-ha!" he cheered and pumped his fist, causing the mattress to land on his head. Unfortunately, he still heard Libra's worried voice grow louder and more frantic over the phone.

He assured her he was fine and began flipping through the notepad which consisted of phone numbers of Zodiacs who were on the east coast. Gemini laughed at seeing Cancer's name.

He knew where he was. South Carolina, obviously. He loved South Carolina because it was sunny and gorgeous. He wasn't surprised that Capricorn would be in New England.

He pondered. So Libra had informed him, Aries, Sagittarius was living in Portland, and Leo and Taurus were living in Bel Air. He rolled his eyes at the practicality. Which meant Libra must have Pisces with her, which he inferred from the familiar voice in the background.

Which only left him to find Cancer, Capricorn, Virgo, and Scorpio. He had a strange feeling the something was missing but he couldn't seem to place his finger on it. Libra chimed on the phone once more before she hung up.

"Gem, I need you to find the last five and we can meet in New Orleans," He picked up her wide smile on the phone.

"Of course, babe," he replied.

"Don't call me that," her voice dripped with sweet irony.

"Fine. Wanna meet in New Orleans? On the...twelfth?"

"Deal. Virtual handshake," she announced proudly.

Gemini didn't waste any time preparing. Unlike Vega, his ride was more reliable. Granted it was a rather unflattering yellow PT Cruiser that would not look classy enough for the streets of Boston, but what can ya' do? On the bright side, Gemini kept a solar panel on the top of his car. He figured if he could control light, he could single handedly take out the gas industry. Pun intended!

Gemini still struggled to place a finger on what he was missing. As he packed and prepared, names swam through his mind. He knew where everyone was. Cancer was in South Carolina. Virgo was in New York City. Capricorn was in Cambridge and Scorpio was in Newark, at least that is he assumed. 

He counted to make sure he knew where the last five of the Zodiacs were almost ten times until it dawned on him that he had been counting only four. He furrowed his brow and it wasn't until he started his engine and filled his tank when he realized he forgot the last Air spirit, Aquarius.

That's where he ran into an even bigger problem. He didn't have a clue where Aquarius was. Perhaps even worse, he hadn't even known where to look and knowing her, she could be anywhere. Gemini slouched in his car, extremely unexcited about a new problem. It occurred to him that, since Capricorn could duplicate, perhaps finding her wouldn't be necessary.

He started the engine and in no time, he turned onto the interstate north. Gemini pulled out his phone, seeing that it would take ten hours for him to arrive in Colombia, which caused him to thro his head back and complain, subconsciously flipping on cruise control.

A glorious idea grew in Gemini's head. He fumbled his phone and dialed Cancer's number, hoping to get a response and to his surprise and the Keeper's mercy, a kind voice sung through the other side of the phone.

"Hello?" Chimed a familiar tune.

"Hey, Cancer! You're not gonna believe this!"

×××
to be continued