mr. give me a break

Cancer wasn't convinced. Gemini's shoulders fell, not quite in the spirits to convince. The ability to become invisible didn't come off as a particularly combative virtue, from Cancer's perspective. However, Libra had specifically reported that everyone must go.

"Please Cancer," Gemini pleaded, "I'm picking up Scorpio, Virgo, and Capricorn, who all live on the east coast."

Cancer glanced at the small waves of the South Carolina beach and shrugged, "Of course, I'll join you."

Cancer didn't have much to lose. Then again, what's to lose when you have everything?

Gemini, unwilling to admit it, was excited to see his friends again. And his excitement waited for no one. From behind him, Libra tackled him into the sand.

"How could you lose Aquarius, you-" instead of scolding him, she hugged him, forgetting about her fellow Air spirit.

"Oh, my- Pisces?" Cancer's jaw dropped, "What are you doing here?"

Sagittarius was bent forward, clutching her gut, "Teleportation is not my preferred mode of transportation."

Taurus smiled at the bright sun and the salty ocean mist, "Ah, the Atlantic. Looks like we made it just in time."

"I think a better question is, how did you get here?" Gemini said while he brushed off his shorts.

"I knew a guy," Leo said haughtily.

"He got you here for free?" Cancer said, more surprised than he was.

"No," Vega said solemnly, "He traded my sweet new ride for a thousand-mile trip to this hot an' crowded joint."

"Vega," Pisces said as nicely as she could, "There was nothing sweet about your ride, and I'm sure Gemini has a ride we can use."

Gemini didn't answer. Leo implored him to confirm, "Right, Gemini?"

"Yeah if we're all clowns in the miniature buggy"

Leo raised his hand for a sarcastic remark but was subdued by Taurus putting his hand down and glaring.

"Don't worry guys," Cancer promised, "I have a van that I- uh... live in."

Nobody spoke, they tried to be open-minded and courteous but when Cancer introduced them to his van, they internally groaned. If the stench of cheese didn't radiate from the interior, perhaps the hideous seaweed green and beige wouldn't be so unappealing.

Besides that, it was relatively neat and spacious. Unfortunately, Pisces shook her head, "Nope, nope, nope."

Cancer frowned, "Well do you have a better idea?"

Pisces put her finger on her chin and began to speculate, "Open all of the windows, I'm going to the nearest convenience store for a few air fresheners."

"That's... a good idea."

She spun on her heel and once she disappeared, Taurus pulled the rugs out and best the dust out of them and Libra helped. Leo stood back and watched, which irritated Taurus.

She mumbled disgruntled, "Leo."

"what's up, babe" he grinned, "isn't the sky beautiful in South Carolina?"

"No-"

"Personally, I find it better than North Ca-"

"No, Leo-"

Once again he interrupted her. She shoved a dusty rug at him, "Smack the dust out of this."

His mouth hung open, but he followed. Gemini and Cancer made sure the tires, fuel, and headlights were all in order. In no time, Pisces returned. Cancer smiled at her appearance, almost forgetting the merchandise.