Chapter 19: She's My Responsibility

Start bij het begin

“You should be careful brat,” Elder Heiying warned, detecting the abnormality of the untamed resentful energy surrounding the location of their target.

Spirits dancing without harmony, killing intent so thick it would cause a normal person to have a hard time breathing. This situation was akin to the disorder that their time travel had caused to the Burial Mounds. Wen Rouhan had a trick up his sleeve indeed.

“I don’t think even its creator could control this puppets,” Elder Heiying sighed.

Wei Wuxian’s mouth twitched, “Wen Rouhan would not care about such thing. The more his puppets create havoc and run rampant, the more it’s advantageous for him,”

Taking control of this corpse puppets was difficult even for Wei Wuxian, but it’s not impossible. Glancing at the place where the Chongyang base should be located, he twirled Chenqing between his fingers, and prepared himself for a bloody battle. There’s enough time to finish this battle before the people in Chongyang base would be alerted.

Wasting no time, Wei Wuxian swiftly lifted the black bamboo flute in front of his lips and took a deep breath as he began to play. The shrill timbre of the flute was like an arrow, slicing through the thick miasma of dark energy and shooting into the clouds.

From within the forests of the mountain, sound of what seemed like heavy footsteps rapidly approached their location, answering to Wei Wuxian’s call.

Thump thump, whoosh whoosh. For others, this might give an uneasy sense of threat but for Wei Wuxian, it’s the signal of the incoming aid.

Satisfied, Wei Wuxian continued to play with his flute, changing the piece from request to control.

The ominous sound of flute continued to flow, circling like a wind, trying to bind the untamed dark energy that came along with the advancing large group of undead.

When the distance between Wei Wuxian and Wen Rouhan’s puppets was already less than two zhangs, the sound of the incoming aid suddenly stopped. Wei Wuxian didn’t have to look behind him to see that the help he needed was already here. Instead, he played a few notes to signal the start of the battle between the group of undead.

It was not hard to differentiate the two groups of corpse puppets. While both were undead, Wen Rouhan’s puppets were in the shade of blue and with bulky bodies that was unnatural even for the deceased. Wei Wuxian’s corpse puppets, even though somehow dirty, were only pale and some could even pass as a living.

At this moment, the blue corpse puppets obviously had the upper hand. But Wei Wuxian didn’t expect his corpse puppets to defeat this massive group of corpses that were modified using the power of the Yin Iron. They were just here to stop them from further advancing and accidentally disturbing those in the Chongyang base.

Wei Wuxian raised his black flute once again. These puppets that Wen Rouhan had created using the Yin Iron had too much killing intent. To stifle it, Wei Wuxian calmed his feelings and soothingly played another melody.

The melody had drifted over his mind naturally. It was relaxed and tranquil, contrasting with the demanding shrill before. Hearing the sound, all the corpses froze and slowly turned towards the direction of which the melody came from.

After a moment, they let down their arms, releasing which or whoever they were holding. Heads lowered down, they started lining up in front of Wei Wuxian like warriors answering to the call of their general.