» goodnight n go

imagine written by angryinternetduck on tumblr

word count 4.85k
point of view: second person

"You gotta go," you giggled again, gently pushing Harry towards the door.

"But I don't wanna go," he whined. He shifted in your grasp, sliding his hands around your waist and rocking back and forth. "Dance with me, darling," he murmured, nosing down to whisper in your ear. "C'mon."

"Harry," you groaned exasperatedly.

"Say it again, I'm close," he laughed, and you scoffed, lightly slapping his chest with a grin. "You dirty bastard!" He smirked, ducking down to your lips - your heart stopped, breath stuttered - and then he darted away and nipped at your earlobe. "I can be dirtier," he murmured, and you bit your lip, willing the heat in your cheeks away.

"Jesus, Styles, you'll miss your train - get out of here," you said breathlessly.

A beat of silence, and then he completely pulled off of you.

"Fine," he said, just as breathless.

You shivered as you looked up, startled, and blurted, "But -"

He raised an eyebrow, hand on the doorknob. "But what?"

You opened your mouth, and then closed it. "Fuck you, Styles," you grumbled. Harry scoffed, shaking his head. "Can never win with you, can I?" You huffed, grinning as you rolled your eyes, and nudged him towards the door. "It's all part of my charm. Get out of here."

Harry sighed dramatically. "If you insist." He kissed you on the cheek, just a brush of his lips on your skin, and smiled at you. "Goodnight," he said, and he walked out. You watched the door a minute before turning away.

Your apartment always felt emptiest just after Harry left.

"You look rubbish," Harry greeted you as he walked inside.

"Feel like it, too," you muttered, closing the door behind him. "Had an awful day," you began as you followed him and collapsed on the couch. "Woke up with a headache, couldn't do anything right..."

You went on, describing everything that had happened. Harry puttered around while you spoke, grabbing glasses from your cabinet and pouring you your favorite drink. Finally, he came back over, handing it to you wordlessly. You murmured a thanks, closing your eyes and humming in pleasure as you took a sip.

"Guess you can pick the movie tonight," Harry said, and you smiled at him, curling up next to him and telling him softly what you wanted. He found it, and it started playing, and you felt his fingers drift gently up and down your arm.

You sighed happily, resting your head on his chest.

He whispered in your ear every so often, picking fun at the movie. You couldn't help but laugh every time, defending it or agreeing and adding more. He knew exactly what to say, knew how to make you laugh and cheer you up, and you'd practically forgotten your day had happened at all by the end of the movie.

It was already pretty late, and your mind was foggy with drink and exhaustion as the last of the credits rolled on screen. You looked up, smirking to yourself when you saw his closed eyes and heard his even, slow breaths.

Impulsively, you reached up, gently placing a kiss on his neck. He stirred, just slightly, and you grinned, kissing him again, again, again. He was awake now. You could feel his breaths quickening, his chest rising under you.

You let your lips press softly over his jawline, again, again, again...

"This isn't a good idea," he said hoarsely.