ch. 3 : U N A T T A I N A B L E

Start from the beginning

After few minutes, Chaeyoung looked at Mina who had finally fallen asleep beside her. Looking peaceful.

Chaeyoung couldn't sleep. And wondering how-how did she just end up in this situation? Mina just cried because her dog died and if it's not one of the most adorable things about Mina and she didn't know what is. She stopped to stare at Mina's face. Her nose, her eyelids, and her lips. Mina is just someone so unpredictable, kind and smart, someone so perfect-someone so unattainable.

'I'm freaking in love with her,' Chaeyoung groans at the realization that she couldn't deny anymore.

Chaeyoung then remembers how she used to have massive crushes on women (Cara Delevigne and Kristen Stewart) but it always stayed with celebrities-and yeah, maybe a brief one on Sana during sixteen days.

But it always stayed just as a silly crush.

She tried dating guys before her debut, but it didn't last more than 2 months. And with girls well, she never had a chance to confirm it because suddenly she's 17 and Twice is debuting- and the company says 'NO DATING RULE'

And now, - it all clicked.

With her previous date with Mina, It made her realize how different it was from all the 'dates' she had been with guys before;

Because for one, Mina's a girl.

And with Mina, it felt comfortable. She had fun- like she didn't need to pretend or how there was no awkward silence or how she was able to freely express her mind.

With Mina-she felt this twist on her stomach, this overwhelming glow on her chest, and just this electrifying feeling she had never known before.

Mina with her warm hands, her gummy smile, her small laugh, her mischievousness-

Mina is different.

Even now, holding Mina close to her- hearing her breath, watching her sleep in a dream she couldn't enter. Falling for mina felt like it was the most natural thing in the world.

But being aware now-

Didn't make it any easier.

Then Chaeyoung remembers Mina had a boyfriend before. They were going out for 2 years- during pre-debut days to the Cheer-up era.

Mina might be single now, but she's not like her.

Never mind the fact that I'm in love with a girl.

Or how I'm in love with a co-member.

all these terrifying feelings prevented Chaeyoung from having any sleep that night.

I'm also in love with someone who might not return my feelings.

//

Chaeyoung could vividly remember the first time she laid her eyes on Mina's performance back in sixteen.

The woman performing drunk in love in front of everyone.

Maybe more than her first performance, this one took Chaeyoung's interest more. Her movements were sexy yet reserved and enticing.

Chaeyoung did not understand the feeling that swelled up in her chest that time or why that memory lives rent-free in her head but now she does.

She could only thank her lucky stars that Mina is dancing to it again right now in their training room again.

"Go Mina-chan~" Sana cheered clapping both of her hands.

It's been days after Mina's family dog died and JYP made them practice their new choreography. Amidst the practice, it just turned into a 'dance battle' for fun in the training room, cheering and having fun.