44

"Yuno?" The voice spoke. The Prince froze in his spot before turning around. His eyes widened when he saw a gray haired person holding a bunch of purple flowers. He couldn't see clearly because of the tears in his eyes until the person kneeled in front of him and wiped away his tears.

"What are you doing here?" The person spoke. Yuno kept his eyes glued in the person's face, studying it's every feature. "Hey.." They tapped his cheeks lightly to wake him up.

"Lia.." He spoke her name after a decade. He can't believe it.. She's here. In front of him.

"Yeah? Why do you look like you've seen a ghost?" She chuckled slightly. Oh how he missed that smile. "Also why are you crying in front of Sam's grave?" She asked, waking him up. 

"S-Sam?" He asked.

"Yeah.." Lia sighed and pushed him slightly to place the flowers. "He doesn't want to put his name because he said people might steal it and it'll not make him unique anymore. Dumbass." She laughed slightly and looked at Yuno who's still not grasping the reality.

"Lia.." He said again for the second time. He slowly reached her face, caressing her cheeks with his thumb. Lia held his hand in hers and smiled, making his heart warm. How he longed for her touch

"Why are you crying?" She asked. It took her a moment to realize. The grave, purple flowers, and her letter. "You don't think I died, do you?" She backed away while looking at Yuno.

"Well.. I-" He gave up and just wrapped his arms around her instead. After moments of being in each other's arms he looked at Lia only to be met with a glare.

"How dare you... After all those letters I sent you. Let me guess, you didn't even read them did you?" She looked at him begrudgingly. The Prince felt guilty for his actions.

"I'm sorry-"

"It's fine." She said, confusing Yuno.

"What?" He asked.

"Knowing you.. Of course I had that coming. See, I'm not a dumbass anymore." She tapped her temple, gesturing to her brain. This simple action of hers made Yuno smile.

"I.. uh.." He opened his mouth but no words came out. What was he supposed to say? He's at loss for words.

"But you know.. If it weren't for Sam.. I would be the one six feet below the ground right now." Lia sighed and rested her head on Yuno's chest.

"Lia! Lia! Wake up!" I opened my eyes to meet Mariella's face covered in tears. Why is she here? Why-

Her thoughts were interrupted when she looked in front of her and saw Sam laying on the ground, unconscious.

"Mariella, don't tell me.."

"He did! Now get your ass up and we got to go!"

"No.." I felt my whole body ache. "Get out of here. I'll... save Sam.." Sam please.. I can't lose another friend.. 

"Are you stupid? He sacrificed himself for you to live!" Fucking hell, why does it always have to be me?

"She wants me. My powers to be specific.." I said and thought for a moment. If I give it to her, what'll happen to me? Only one way to find out.. I stood up and walked towards Sam. My tears fell when I saw his body filled with holes. No.. It can't be.

"H-hey.." 

"Sam! Hey.. stay with me okay? I'll get you out of here." I sniffed and tried healing him using my powers but he held my hand.