"Likewise," I return her smile.

"I don't mean to overstep but you two make a beautiful couple" I point to her phone.

"Thank you, I'd offer to show you more pictures but Carson is camera shy so it's only more of the same" she smiles, her eyes filled with love and adoration as she speaks about him.

Does she not know who I am?

Doesn't seem like it.

"I have a friend by the name of Carson, a total sweetheart but he shies away from the camera as well so I understand" I smile at her.

"What a coincidence" she exclaims excitedly.

"A coincidence indeed" I nod my head at her as if in thought. 

"So how long have you guys been together? If you don't mind me asking that is", I ask her sincerely hoping that she will answer.

"No! I don't mind at all. We've been together for two years; this coming November will make it three" she says the smile not leaving her face for a second.

Two years, three in November; Carson left Hopewell for White Ridge two years ago in August. This August will be three years since he's been away from home.

What an interesting coincidence indeed.

You don't say.

"That's cute, good for both of you I can't seem to make it past the talking stage," I tell her jiggling my keys in my hand.

"Poor baby, I'm sure you'll find the right person one day" she smiles at me sadly, eyes filled with hope.

Right.

"I'm sure. It was nice meeting you Emily but I have to go now or I'm going to be later than I already am for this thing I have. I hope I'll see you around" I smile sweetly at her.

"I hope so too and it was nice meeting you as well" she returns my smile turning away.

Don't do it Valentina-Rosa.

It's not worth it.

But what if it is?

"You know on second thought," I say despite my inner voice begging me to keep quiet; making her turn around to face me once again.

"I don't normally do this but would like to hang out sometimes? You seem like the type of person I would spend hours talking" I ask her, forcing another smile on my face.

But it is true, she seems like such a wholesome person.

"And that's a compliment by the way"

"That would be lovely! Here take my number" she says in an awfully bubbly voice.

We exchange numbers, then say our goodbyes and I continue the short walk to my car "Hey Siri, call Carson Asshole Dean" I say as I buckle my seat belt.

"Valentina-Rosa" he answers after the second ring his voice gruff and disgusting.

"Did I wake you amore mio?" I ask driving out of the parking lot towards the bakery.

"You did," he says flatly and I smile.

"I'm so sorry for the inconvenience, I would have never thought that a young respectable gentleman like yourself would be asleep at 2:30 on a Sunday afternoon," I tell him sarcastically.

"What do you want Valentina?" he asks annoyed and I hear the sound of slippers slapping against hardwood.

"Is that any way to talk to your future wife amore mio?" I ask pulling up to the drive-thru pick-up area outside of the bakery.