"They could probably blow up New York," Steve cut in, his eyes staring intently at the screen. 

"Fri, can you pull up the Vulture's last known location?"

-------------------

Peter didn't mean to rush out. He really hadn't. But he was so fed up with everyone thinking he should stick to the ground. He'd heard it enough to know what they really thought. 

You're too young to be doing this.

Who put you in charge?

You aren't good enough.

The protests of at least half of New York were enough to tell him when to quit.

But he didn't because he knew that there were still so many people who he would rather risk his life for who have never hurt him or called him names. Who praised him. He thought it would be the same with the Avengers.

But he was wrong.

He stopped on top of one of the rooftops, clenching his teeth as the pain in his surged through his body making him dizzy. He knew it was irrational to be doing patrol when he was still healing, but he had no choice. He couldn't stay there with them. 

"Karen, give me a status update," he whispered to his AI.

"Well, Peter, you apparently have not fully recovered from the bullet wound-"

"No, no. Crime, Karen. Is there anything happening?"

"There was a recent development in illegal gun distribution since the jail break of Adrian Toomes. Would you like directions to the nearest drop site?"

Peter froze. Memories of Homecoming night came flooding back, the weight of the building seeming to form on his back. He hadn't known Toomes had escaped and he knew that he still had a bone to pick with Peter-

"Peter, your heart and respiration rates have accelerated. It appears you are having an anxiety attack. Should I call Mr. Stark?"

"No, it's fine Karen. I'm fine," Peter rushed out, quickly shutting down her questions.

"Would you still like directions?"

"Uh, yeah. T-Thanks."

He webbed his way through the town until he came across an old building that looked very similar to the warehouse he was crushed under.

Yay.

He told Karen to get him a closer look and he almost fell from his post on the building across the street when he saw the Avengers, minus Tony and Colonel Rhodes, sneaking in the back armed and ready. 

He was about to go back (they had this handled, didn't they?) when his Spidey Sense went off and a mix of red and blue light blasted through the building, mixed with a bloodcurdling scream.

It was Wanda. 

He swung down as fast as he could, coming to a stop when he saw the Avengers being held at gunpoint, hands tied behind their backs with special handcuffs, and Wanda being cradled in Visions's arms on the floor.

"Well, well, well. Look who decided to show up."

Peter turned towards the voice and he stumbled back when he saw the man step out of the shadows, a gun steaming with blue light held tightly in his hand.

It was the Vulture. 

-------------------

They had been hoping for a quick an easy sweep of the warehouse, possibly knocking out a couple employees and then finding the secret stash of weapons.