XXIX. The Talk

Trenton, New Jersey

Anneliese Hudson"The Talk"

Anneliese Hudson
"The Talk"

"Be careful with my china plated before you break it. Your poor ass can't afford to buy me a new ones." My grandma shouted at me.

I roll my eyes placing her china plates in the box carefully.

"Happy now?" I retorted, giving her a fake smile.

"Girl-" she paused, shaking her head then walking out the kitchen. I roll my eyes again and finished packing her things.

She was getting ready to move to Texas and I was happy as fuck. She would be far away and I didn't have to deal with her bullshit anymore. I only came over cause I wanted to be the first to say goodbye to her old ass. I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard my grandma shouting.

"You will not do that shit, I refuse!" She shouted and I look up seeing her and my dad walking in the kitchen.

They both look at me, my dad eyes red like he was crying and my grandma was pissed. She glared at me like I had did something.

"Do you mind?" She asked aggressively, putting her hands on her hips.

"I was-okay." I stopped myself, grabbing my phone off the counter. I headed out the kitchen then walked out the house.

I sat in the rocking chair that was on the porch. I started rocking back and forth, going on my phone. I could still hearing my grandma yelling at the top of her lungs making me pause.

I was trying to make out what her and my dad was talking about, but couldn't. But, whatever it was, my grandma didn't want my dad to do it. The front door finally opened and my dad walked out.

"Wait dad." I called out, quickly getting up.

"I have to go to work, Anneliese." He told me and I followed him to his car.

"Wait, dad please. I wanna ask you something." I told him, he sigh before turning towards me.

"About what exactly?" He asked, taking a step back away from me.

I clear my throat before speaking, "Umm, I wanted to ask you about my mom." I said and he shook his head.

"I can't Anneliese. Now, I have to get to work." He told me and I sigh.

"Jesus, dad please!" I shouted and he look back at me. "I want to know where's buried, so I can go see her. That's all."

"I-her family won't like that, so you have to respect their wishes." He told me and I suck my teeth.