IV. Awkward

Trenton, New Jersey

Anneliese Hudson"Awkward"

Anneliese Hudson
"Awkward"

"Another book completed." I mumbled, shutting the notebook. I opened the box seeing the many notebooks already inside.

I was a writer, so to say. I wrote about different things from fiction stories to my own thoughts and emotions.

I wrote everything!

It was a habit of mine that I started once I went mute. Since I didn't talk as enough as I did, I decided to express myself through writing. It started off as a short story about little ole me and how I wanted my life to go. I was young, so I was writing about me finding friends and having fun with them.

Then after the incident, it quickly went to me writing a diary then writing to the universe. I asked the universe to help me out, but sadly it didn't. It was just my imagination, but at least it was better than my reality. I put the lid back on the box then grabbed it walking over to my dresser.

I struggled pulling it out a little just enough for me to reach back there. Once I did so, I put the box full of my notebooks in the hole I had carved out. It was my secret stash for all my books that I wrote. I was a secretive person. I didn't like people knowing about my business because I couldn't deal with all the sympathy that came with it.

The thought of having someone hugging me and telling me everything will be fine was useless. Because I knew it wasn't going to be fine. As long as I still live in his home, it was going to keep happening. And it wasn't like I could just move out. I didn't have a plan, never had one.

And yes I'm grown and able to be on my own. But, it was terrible timing and difficult to do. Until I was able to be on my own, living with my dad was the only choice for me. I pushed my dresser back with all my might, which didn't take long as pulling it out.

When I was done, I exhaled deeply. I seen my hoodie on my bed and picked it up, putting it on. I always wore a hoodie everywhere I went because it was my barrier. I didn't like showing off my curves or my body in general. I just didn't feel comfortable with my shape because it made me look very grown.

Since I hated my body because of the way it was being used, I started hiding it as best as I could. And the best way that I could was wearing an oversized hoodie everywhere I went. I didn't get as much stares from men if I was wearing something revealing and I was fine with that.

I didn't want people looking at me regardless.

I took off my head wrap and redid my hair. I put on my Air Force 1's, sticking the shoelaces in my shoe. Grabbing my phone and notebook, I headed out my room afterwards and went downstairs.