Mono held out his hand in front of him, letting the droplets crash against his hand. Mono let his mind relax, focusing on the rain. However, his trance was broken when he felt a pair of small hands wrap around his waist.

Mono tenses as he looked down to his side, watching as Six dug her way under his coat, attempting to shield herself from the rain.

Mono relaxed now a bit, but still felt a bit nervous. "Cold?" He asked, giggling a bit again. Six just shrugged, feeling warmed a bit by Mono's natural hear, as she buried her way into his coat a bit more. Mono grabbed part of his coat, holding it over her head, guarding her from the cold rain. The blush in his cheeks came back now as Six held on tighter, he tried to focus on the rain to distract himself but he couldn't.

Mono, as much as he may have wanted to, knew they couldn't stay like that for long. Definitely not out in the open, at risk of anything (or anyone) that could be out.

"Here," Mono said. Six let go of him and took a couple steps back, now vulnerable to the rain. She kept her head down, but her eyes up, watching Mono has he slipped of his coat and handed it out to her.

"Take it," he demanded. Six when to shake her head no, but Mono cut her off before she could. "I'm not asking.. Seriously, take it." He smiled.

Mono was a little scared that his previous statement had come off a little harsh, and maybe it did because Six didn't take the coat from his hands. She just starred.

Without thinking, Mono grabbed the coat by the collar, wrapping it around Six's back as if it was a blanket.

Six starred for a little while longer, now shifting her gaze from the boy to his coat, which was now wrapped around her shoulders. She grabbed the top, covering it over her head to shield herself from the rain.

"Th.. thank y..you," she mumbled out, her eyes still facing the wet ground, watching the rain bang against the cold, solid, concrete.

Mono smiled, his cheeks burnt up and reddened, again. He looked down to the little Six who was stand just in front of him, he tried to ignore the intense heat in his face, but he couldn't. STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT.

Mono stuck his hands up his mask, wanting so bad to take if off. He wiped some water from his face, dripping down his forehead. He wasn't sure if it was rain that had seeped from his paper bag mask or maybe? Sweat?

Why would I be sweating? It's cold and rainy. Why do I feel so warm? Ugh my stomache hurts.

"We.. um," Mono stumbled. "We should, um, get going. Hopefully we can find you a coat or something too. Like your, like, um.. like your own coat." He laughed, extremely nervously.

Six peered up to him, now so confused. Why is he being so weird today? Did something happen last night? She nodded.

They made their way further down the ally. The two reached the end after a while of walking in the rain, only to get dumped in another part of the city.

"Let's go this way," Mono whispered, taking a right turn down the city. The long, tall apartments leaning downward.

Six clutched the coat tighter around her body, the top still covering the top of her head. The rain had died down a bit, but not disappeared completely. Not yet.

Mono turned his back, watching Six as her little legs struggled a bit to keep with his his long strides.

"Want me to slow down a bit?" He whispered. Six just shook her head as she held onto the coat even tighter, making sure the wind wouldn't take it, and paced her way up next to him.

Mono chuckled. "Well if you want me t-" his sentence was cut off by the sound of something. Footsteps.

Shit. Um. Mono looked around, searching for a place to hide and take shelter. He panicked, not being able to find anything.

Mono grabbed Six's wrist, quickly, slipping his hand down a bit to now hold hers. And without thinking, he began to run. Not sure where, but anywhere would be better than out in the open.

He ran towards what looked like an old shed, slipping through the crack in the busted, old, wooden door.

Mono and Six peaked out of the crack, waiting and watching. They heard the footsteps grow louder, the puddles from the rain making it a splashing noise.

They waited for a little while longer, waiting just a little longer for a safe time to escape again.

Six had walked off, taking a look around the small shed as Mono still watched the outside, now finally seeing something walk off, in the opposite direction that they had came from. A viewer.

The Viewer dragged his big feet against the puddles, walking as if he was a zombie, and I guess technically he was.

Mono watched as the Viewer walked off into the distance, the thick blue fog almost seemed as if it had swallowed him whole.

"Okay, Six. Lets-" he turned around to look at Six, but stopped his sentence. He just starred at Six, she was crouched down at her knees, her back turned to him, and she seemed to be messing with something.

"Whatcha got there?" Mono asked, now curiously making his way over to her, to see what she had found.

Mono got out his flashlight, aiming it at the thing Six was messing with. It was fabric. A yellow shiny fabric.

Six lifted it up, both of them curious. It was a raincoat.

Six removed Mono's coat from around her shoulders, handing it back to him as she slide the newly found raincoat over her slim body.

She patted the sides a bit, straighting it out. It was a little big on her, not going too far past her off-white shorts. She looked up at Mono, throwing the yellow hood over her head, hiding her face in a deep dark shadow.

"Looks good," Mono smiled. He slipped his coat back around him, only buttoning the first button, as he always did. "The Viewer seems to be gone and I don't see anyone else coming, we should get going again."

Six agreed, still messing a little around with the raincoat.

They crouched down, sliding back out of the run-down shed back into the cold, dark, foggy, open.

"We have to keep going."

_____________________________________________

Authors note:

Sorry I didn't post anything on Saturday, I was still writing this chapter haha. My Spring Break is now over so I should, hopefully, get back onto my old posting schedule but NO PROMISES.

Also, this is what I pictured when Six hid under his coat. I added that part in there because I thought it would be cool to have some of my drawings and the story kinda match up a bit. Thought that would be cute.

(My art account is @ hann.art_ on instagram!!)

🤟(◕દ◕)🤟