The Teacher

Six was gone, she was actually gone. Mono panicked, not knowing where she is, or how she is, or if she's even still alive. He paced around the hallway, trying to get his mind straight. How could you? Why didn't you try harder to protect her? Mono stuck his hands up his bag, ruffling with his hair and rubbing his face. He felt an intense guilt he'd never thought he'd ever experience. They should have just rested when they had the chance, they should have just stayed in the other room, he should have grabbed her hand faster, he should have ran with her, he should have done something to protect her. But he didn't and now she was gone. All he could do now was find her and keep his fingers crossed that she's okay, but he had to hurry.

He tried to recall which way her voice seemed to drag off from, thinking about her screams pained him but he knew he had to think, and think fast. He looked down the hall, straight ahead, he saw the fresh footprints in the dirt from those nasty students. This way. He started to ascend down the hallway, trying to follow the footsteps the best he could.

After a while of aimlessly running around, Mono made it to where he and Six had first started. He heard more yells coming from up the stairs. He swallowed, his throat feeling dry. He didn't want to go up their but he knew he had to. For Six.

Mono ascended up the stairs, quickly yet still being somewhat hesitant. He held onto the rusted metal railing that followed up the stairs, he used it to pull himself up one stair at a time. After what felt like forever, he made it to the top. Mono knew he had to hurry, he listened for the loud ruckus of the students, it was coming from the right of him. As much as Mono despised the idea, he walked towards the noise in hope to find his friend.

Mono inched his way closer and closer, the pit in his stomach growing bigger as the sounds became louder and louder. He wanted to call out for Six, but he knew that would only draw attention to him and his whereabouts.

He walked down another long hall, similar to the one that was below him on the first floor. He continued down the long hall, the noises of the children seeming almost right next him. Then all of a sudden, they stopped. What?

Mono then saw the shadow coming, hearing the sound of high heels stomp against the hard floors. He quickly ducked behind one of the lockers, keeping his head peaked out to get a glimpse of the thing, figuring they were the one to cause the students to shut up.

She was tall, very tall. She wore a white collared shirt with buttons going down the front tucked into a long dark gray skirt that went passed her knees. Her hair was short and brown and her eyebrows were raised very high, close to touching her hairline. She had big eyes that seemed as if they were bulging out of her head and wrinkly grayish skin. She also carried around a long brown whip, laying in both of her hands. Mono assumed this was the teacher, it was a school after all.

Mono peaked out from behind the locker a little more, the teacher then stopped in her tracks, turning to head into a classroom. She slowing started to turn her twisted head towards Mono's direction. He quickly ducked back behind the locker, pressing his body against the back wall and hoped for the best. Mono waited for what felt like hours, even days before he heard the footsteps of the teacher, even though it had only been a couple seconds. She walking away into the classroom and slammed the door behind her.

Mono released the breath he had been holding, it was starting to burn in his lungs. He took a deep, quiet, breath in and sighed. She's terrifying. He crawled out from behind the locker, ready to continue his journey. He ran passed the door the teacher had entered, his legs still shaky from the fearful experience he was just in, but he was able to recover. For Six.

Mono ran down the halls some where, he needed to hurry. He knew he was taking too long. He tried to follow every little sound he heard, but nothing. He never thought he would dread the silence so much. Just as he was about to loose his mind in frustration, he heard a shriek.

It didn't sound like any of the students, however. It sounded like... Six? He turned around, trying to run towards the scream. While he was sprinting towards it, the scream came to stop. Mono then stopped himself, he looked around trying to think on where it would have came from. It seemed as if it was farther away but at least now he knew that he was heading in the right direction and that she was still alive. It gave him a hint of hope.

Mono continued to head forward down the halls, still keeping his ears out for anything, but there was still nothing. He ran some more and more before hearing something else. It sounded like little hums. Mono slowed down, keeping his eyes open for anything. A student was sitting on the dirty ground, his back turned to Mono, he appeared to be playing with something on the floor.

Mono looked up and forward, hoping for a short cut or a way around but their wasn't one. He noticed some double doors just a little farther down, passed the kid. Mono, with no other choice, gripped onto his hammer, pulling it out from his belt. He swung the heavy tool up from over his head, slowly sneaking closer to the student, still distracted by the thing on the ground. Mono was careful to not grab his attention while making his way closer and closer.

Then, in a swift instant, he brought the hammer down to the childs back. The student dropped to the floor, his body going limp. The head fell off from the child, rolling away until it hit the big door, undamaged.

Mono just sighed as he placed the hammer back into his belt. He stepped over the still body and peaked through one of the windows in the door that lead to the next room. It was a cafeteria, filled with students, all running around causing a mess. There's too many.

Mono had to think, and fast. How was he supposed to get passed all those students without being noticed? He scooted over a little, trying to get a better view of the cafeteria when something hit his ankle. He jumped back a bit and looked down to see the head of the dead child. Hm.

Mono had an idea. This has to work. He bent over and picked up the head, cupping it on his hands. Monk took in a big deep breath before sliding the head over his, on top of his bag. It stank. The head smelt like B.O, mold, and other disgusting things Mono couldn't even fathom. He had to hold back a gag before opening the doors into the loud, crazy, cafeteria. For Six.

Mono continued to walk straight passed the crowd, his heart was racing. He held the big glass head down on his with his hands, keeping it from sliding off. He tried to keep his head down but needed to know where to go, or that so he didn't trip or run into one of the others.

Mono looked up a bit, to see kids dancing on the tables and swinging from the ceiling. Others were racing around the room, not giving a damn about their surroundings. He ducked his head back down, and paced away from the rowdy kids.

Mono sped walked straight for what seemed like forever, his legs growing exhausted but still keeping him going. Mono peaked up again, he was almost by the door. So close, so close.

Then some kids ran in front of him, almost running into him. Mono flinched back a bit, almost falling over but no. He sighed, relieved. Mono press his hands on the door and pushed, nothing. Hm. He then places his hands on the cold railing and pulled, but his luck now running out, there was still nothing. No, no, no.

It was locked.

_____________________________________________

Authors Note:

Sorry this chapter is kind of short compared to my other ones, but I have something special planned for tomorrow that should hopefully make up for it hehe.