𝟬𝟰 || 𝗰𝗿𝘆𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗹𝘀

Start from the beginning

"Eren!" Mikasa's voice shouted, followed by the sound of her blade digging into his ice, breaking it like it was a glass window.

There was a silence, before all the familiar voices moved closer to you, and the sound of swords breaking through crystal clattered around you.

"Is she okay?"
"We'll have to see..."
"Nearly there..." one voice huffed while all your senses were revitalised and you felt yourself come back to life.

Your body fell out of the frozen structure that you had created, and into the arms of Jean. He listened intently to the rise and fall of your chest, your breathing wavering and unsteady.

"She's alive," he stated to the others.

"Eren too. They should be fine, but their bodies must have been exhausted by the transformation," someone else, Mikasa by the sound of it, mentioned.

"Let's go, now. We can't waste time. It's best we get out of here, the whole place collapsed in on itself," Levi commanded from a short distance away.

Being lifted up and over Jean's chest, you felt yourself come awake and you eyes open slightly. Your senses were hazy, but everything around you slowly began to clear - you were alive, in a dire state, but still alive as Jean helped carry you out of the decimated chapel.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Dazed from the transformation, you limply lay in the back of a cart as the pain that had been blocked slowly began to creep back in again. A tired Eren and an injured Hange were near you, the others either side of the cart on horseback, with Moblit in the carriage tending to all your respective wounds.

"Squeeze Eren's hand if this gets too painful," Moblit told you, holding a tool to your hip.

Eren loosely moved his hand near to me, and soon you understood why. An intense pain emitted from your side again as Moblit removed the bullet that had perforated it. Groaning in distress at the feeling, your fingers attached to Eren's and you clamped down onto his hand harshly.

The unpleasant feeling subsided a few moments later and you loosened your grip on Eren, his face a look of discomfort; it was almost as uncomfortable as Jean's, who's eyes had locked onto the contact Eren and you were sharing.

As Moblit began properly dressing the wound with gauze, you turned to see the horrific beast before you. A titan, larger than one you could have ever possibly fathomed, was dragging itself slowly but surely across the grass plains inside of the walls, leaving a trail destruction, steam and fire wherever it went.  Its molten-like skin, burning hot, stretched across the disproportionate body that its weak hands heaved through the land, in the direction of the nearest district.

This was a threat unlike anything the military had ever seen before, and this was the same military that had fought eighteen year olds who could casually transform into fifty meter giants whenever they pleased.

"What's the plan?" you stammered from where you were sitting, recovering from your pains.

Hange paused for a moment before facing you and speaking.  "It's risky, but if we get it right, the payoff is immense.  We can't evacuate Orvud District, since it's an abnormal, but instead we'll lure it in.  See the way it's dragging itself across the ground like that?"

You nodded, peering over the edge of the cart at the titan sliding across the land, leaving its front a sludgy mess.

"Well, by the time it reaches Orvud, its face should be fully exposed.  Then, we'll strike with every type of weapon we have, weakening it, until Eren can launch bombs into its open throat, exploding the nape into pieces," Hange finished explaining.