𝟬𝟯 || 𝗮𝗿𝗺𝗼𝘂𝗿

Start from the beginning

Your feet rested on frozen plinth, crystals surrounding the whole chapel in glimmering blue light.  From the station across from yours, Jean turned to you, clenching his jaw before nodding at you, signalling the go-ahead.

Sasha's flaming arrows shot through Reiss' lair, setting your bombs alight and into burning explosions, the smoke engulfing the chapel.  You used the thick black layers of it to your advantage and slipped through the smoke unseen, ambushing Kenny's squad and taking a few of them out as you did. 

Raising your two blades above your head, you aimed for a soldier and watched him topple to the ground, blood seeping from his wounds.

One down...

There was no time for you to dwell on it, the smoke around you began to clear, uncovering you to two other soldiers who immediately tried to strike.

"Do you have to be such a pain in my ass?" you groaned at them, flipping backward.

Dodging the counterattack, you swung back in your 3DMG and rose from the flames spreading from the bombs.

The two soldiers weren't giving up just yet; their loaded guns targeted your chest and head, then they began to shoot.

Slipping off the edge of an icy platform, you avoided their bullets and connected your gear to a spiral of crystals. While flying across to it, your blades dug into the back of one of the soldiers, hitting their vitals and bringing them to a quick death.

Although your offensive was successful, the killing only made the other soldier more furious over their fallen comrades.  A loud bang sounded from their loaded gun, a bullet shooting towards you.  Quickly, you slipped out of the way, but the bullet had other plans. 

Ricocheting off an ice wall, it wedged into the side of your stomach, causing a shooting pain to surround your insides as you fell to the ground, clenching your wound. 

Not a flicker of mercy showed in the soldier's eyes - the cold barrel of their gun rested against your forehead as you lay on the floor, a defenceless wreck. 

The chilling steel of the gun stayed pressed against your skin, your body losing more and more blood to the gunshot wound, as your impending doom settled over you.

"Come on... Don't kick a girl while she's down..." you managed to tease through your pained breathing.

A yellow beam of lightening filled the cavern - that could only mean one thing.

Flying down from above, Sasha made a final attempt at rescuing you whilst the soldier was distracted at the sight of the lightning.

Someone had transformed...

Seeing Sasha reignited your hopes of making it out alive, and you jerked out of the way of the gun, wincing at the pain of the bullet that was still lodged in your side.

As Sasha's arrow struck him, the soldier shot the bullet that would've sealed your fate and finished you off, but it missed where you were sat. Instead of facing death here, you had been given another chance at life, however, that too was fleeting as your vision darkened.

Sweeping you up into her arms, Sasha took you to where all the others were trying to free Eren. Blurry visions flashed before your eyes, the titan steam blowing everyone against the chapel wall. In front of you, Jean and a small blond girl, you presumed Historia, desperately grappled with Eren's chains.

If Eren and Historia were in human form, that meant that Rod Reiss...

As soon as Eren had been released, they were forced back to where the rest of you stood, Reiss' titan appearing before your eyes.

"Fuck..." Jean's voice cracked upon seeing you, bleeding out onto the frozen floor.

He secured his arms around you, removing his green cloak and tying it around your torso, to stop the bleeding. Hot tears began to form in the corners of your eyes, but you held them back, turning your attention to the scenes unfolding around you instead, of Reiss' titan taking full form in a cloud of piping steam.

Laying down by Sasha's feet, you gasped for air as you felt myself succumbing to the injuries, your eyelids growing heavier by the second.

Jean's hand frantically tapped the side of your face.  "Hey- Hey, hey!  Don't close your eyes now, okay?"
"Jean..."
"y/n, just hang on in there!  Please..."

The shouts of your comrades became more and more muffled as Jean and Eren argued their last argument. Then, just within reach of your frail fingers, lay a tube of liquid, labelled 'Armour.'

Heaving yourself over to it, you grabbed the bottle and groaned out, "Eren, take it..."

Your hand reached out to him from the ground. The pain evident in the way he looked at you, Eren took the substance and held it in front of himself and, undoing the cap, he prepared to swallow it.

"Eren, wait!" Jean called out.
"Make it quick," Eren called back, liquid in hand.
"Drink half, and give the other half to y/n. It's the only way she might be able to survive this..." he yelled over the noise of the explosion, as he kept one hand clinging to your fragile waist.

Co-operating with Jean for once, Eren took a knee beside you.  "You ready?" he asked.

Speaking was beyond your ability, so instead you parted your lips for him and gave as much of a nod as you could muster.

In two swift movements, Eren poured half of the tube's contents down your throat and then quickly drunk the rest himself.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

word count : 1322

╚══════ ♥ ══════╝

╚══════ ♥ ══════╝