Sick Toddler

Maya exhales looking at her daughter fast asleep in her arm as she quickly took her temperature seeing that it was rising.
Slowly getting up she laid Megan down on the couch as see went to wetten a cloth placing it on her head as she saw how Josh came in.

"I think she's getting sick. She has a temperature of 98 and it's slowly becoming worse. She's thrown up twice today and hasn't been able to keep anything in," Maya said.
"Hey, Meg. Are you okay, Sweet Girl?" Josh asked sitting down next to his daughter as she slightly moved.
"It's okay. Should we take her to the hospital?" Josh asked and Maya shook her head.
"Can you put her to bed while I get her some medicine though?" Maya asked.
"Yeah," Josh said picking Megan up as he put her down in her bed.

"Daddy don't go," Megan said as Josh gently placed a blanket on her.
"It's okay, Honey. Daddy's not going anywhere. Close your eyes," Josh said.
"Daddy no," Megan said as Josh exhaled gently going over her hair.

Maya entered the room as she quickly gave Megan some medication while Josh stayed with her as she put the bottle down on the table hearing as Josh started to sing to Megan.

"Dream the sweetest dreams.
Swing from star to star," he sang as Maya quickly joined.
"When you wake I will be here to hold you in my arms.
Hold you in my arms.
Hold you in my arms.
When you wake I will be here to hold you in my arms."

Maya smiled as she saw how Megan was fast asleep as she and Josh went out of the room.

"This is definitely not how I thought Canada would have been. How's Olivia doing?" Josh asked as Maya smiled as she had just turned 23 weeks.
"Good," Maya said.