26. Desperations and Drunken Shenanigans

Start from the beginning

"Why are you here, Zhao Yunlan?" Guo snapped. His tone and facial expression showed how much he despised Yunlan. Shen Wei's condition on that rainy day was etched on Guo's memory and he couldn't digest the perpetrator sitting in front of them.

Yunlan nodded, not at all offended by the rudeness.

"I want Shen Wei to get drunk again," Yunlan decided to come straight to the point.

Chu choked on his tea, Guo's jaws dropped. Both looked at each other in horror.

Their panic confused Yunlan, "You two know something that I don't," Yunlan could sense something.

Flashback

"I will beat this Yunlan. I will beat the hell out of him!" Chu paced around, looking like an angry baboon with his bulky shoulders rising and falling in exasperation.

Guo, on the other hand, had Shen Wei in his embrace, softly caressing Shen Wei's hair. Where Shen Wei's condition made Chu lose his temper, it saddened Guo.

"Beat... beat him?" Shen Wei, who till now was slumped in Guo's arms suddenly straightened and squinted at Chu, "You will beat him?"

He wasn't stuttering and both Guo and Chu noticed it.

"Yes. Only beating will fix that asshole," Chu cracked his knuckles, "One beating from a police officer and this Zhao Yunlan will lose all his crisp!"

Shen Wei pursed his lips, thought for a while, and then slurred, "then I will... I will beat him!"

End of Flashback

"It was you two!" Yunlan snapped with his index finger pointed at both, "I... He slapped me...kicked me... beat me..." Yunlan almost wept like a wife who had gotten cheated on by her husband, "He pulled my hair... because you two BRAINWASHED HIM!" he yelled by the end of the sentence with hurt resonating in his voice.

"You started it, Zhao Yunlan, you!" Guo got up and snapped back. Chu's eyes swelled.

"I still have bruises from that beating!" Yunlan again yelled with his index finger still pointing at Guo.

"You deserved more!" Guo yelled louder.

Both Chu and Zhao Yunlan jumped.

Yunlan pulled his finger back in nervousness. If Shen Wei could be so dangerous, he wasn't going to take a punt at his friends. He looked down and scratched the back of his neck in embarrassment. Deep within his conscience, Yunlan agreed with Guo's words.

"Umm... I think we can talk things out?" Chu stood up and hesitantly spoke, equally scared of Guo's sudden outburst.

A Few Moments Later

"Are you sure about this?" Chu was not at all convinced. And even Guo wasn't really sure about it.

"A drunk Shen Wei is capable of things that a sober Shen Wei is not. I have seen. Trust me, the guy can do anything with a little alcohol in his system"

"But..."

"I will take care of him if that's what you are worried about," Yunlan sincerely assured.

Guo and Chu looked at each other, a little apprehensive of Yunlan's plan but they were ready to risk it if it helped Shen Wei.

"But..."

Both Yunlan and Chu looked at Guo.

"If Shen Wei is hurt, I swear, Zhao Yunlan, I will make sure you repent," Guo warned.

Yunlan's face straightened. A person half his frame was threatening him but then again, he got beaten up black and blue by a drunkard. There wasn't much he could say. He just nodded.