Chapter 17 - Cadmus' Monster

Start from the beginning

"I choose freedom!" Superboy shouted out of nowhere and we all shared confused looks at what he meant.

"It feels likefog lifting." Guardian suddenly said as he looked at us he looked like he didnt know where he was. I mean to be fair we dont really know either

"Guardian?" Aqualad questioned cautiously as Guardian looked him right in the eye with a serious, unreadable look.

"Go I'll handle them." Guardian commanded, we were about to book it out but a voice stopped us.

"I think not." Somebody called us to a halt and we looked up to see that the voice belonged to that douchebag scientist who tried to clone us, I think we all knew he had something planned.

Wally/Kid Flash's POV

"Project Blockbuster will help me to restore balance to Cadmus." The scientist declared as he pulled out a test tube holding a shiny blue substance.

"Shitthis isnt gonna be pretty." I hear Hyper say beside me as I realised that he was going to drink it!

Before any of us could stop him he downed the whole tube and almost instantly doubled over as he groaned while his body began to contort.

"Oh. My. God." Hyper gawks as she covers her mouth in disgust at the sound of his bones crunching. His body starts to grow and tear his skin until he is almost 4 times his size.

"Ok that is literally my nightmare right there!" Hyper shouts as she backs up a bit pointing to the now giant scientist.

"Everyone stand back!" Guardian commands as he charges at the beast, but the monster simply flicks him away like a bug and continues towards us.

Superboy went at him but ended up getting smashed through the roof, creating a gaping hole.

"That's one way to make an exit." I hear Rob say as he pulls out his grappling hook gun and aims it up, preparing to go up.

"Do you think he planned it?" I ask curiously as I grab onto Rob.

"I don't think he's planning anything anymore." Aqualad said grimly as he grabs onto Hyper's waist and jumps up to the next floor.

Hyper/Elias's POV

We all charged at the massive beast in attempt to take him down, but nothing we did was making a dent in him.

"Oi big guy you wanna dance?" I shout at him causing him to glare at me. He sends a punch my way, but I easily dodge his slow moves. "Oop, you missed. Better luck next time." I tell him sheepishly as he throws another punch at me and misses.

I use his outstretched arm to launch myself at his head and kick him in the jaw, unfortunately this only made him want to crush me even more. He came at me ready to swing but just before he did, I sped out of the way and he fists swung through the pillar that was holding up the roof which made it shake.

As the pillar crumbled, I got a crazy idea that would probably work so I quickly sped over to Rob and whispered my plan to him. He called Wally over, explaining it to him too.

"Got it?" Rob asked the both of us as we looked at each other smirking.

"Got it." We both replied in unison and sped off to work.

The beast man was distracted fighting Superboy and Aqualad, so we had to get his attention away from them and onto us.

"Hey beefcake over here!" I shouted as I blew raspberries at him and he instantly looked my way and stomped towards me, punching the weak pillars.

"Your turn Kid!" I shout to him as I guide the monster back to the middle. Wally comes by punching him in the face, accidentally taking some of his skin with him.

"You got a little something on you!" I shout to Wally across the room jokingly and he looks at his hand to see the piece of skin.

"Got your nose!" He shouts at the monster jokingly and he proceeds to continue leading him into the pillars.

"Better luck next time!" He says jokingly and he speeds him over to the centre where we meet up to high five. We got him right in the white X that Rob had drawn on the floor to enact the plan.

Wally ran around in circles aggravating the big monster before he ran backwards to get a running start. He charged at the monster full speed but quickly slid underneath him. While the monster was distracted, Superboy and Aqualad both punched him, delivering enough damage to so Wally could trip him.

I came in and delivered a flurry quick blows to the beast's face to stun him so Aqualad could shock him, which would buy us enough time to escape.

"Go! Run! Rob shouted to us as he threw his grenades at the remaining pillars and we bolted as they exploded. We werent quick enough to escape the damage and the rubble collapsed on us.

Superboy pushed off the giant piece of concrete that was on top of all of us while we all groaned in pain and crawled out of the rubble.

"We made it." Kid breathed out in pain and Rob chuckled.

"Was there even any doubt?" He said jokingly and I put both my hands up for a high five from the two of them. We all immediately regretted the high five as we winced in pain.

We joined the others and Wally spoke up. "See Supey, the moon," He gestured towards the bright moon that shone in the sky, but I was quick to notice another thing in the sky. "And Superman." I said with a shaky voice.

"See do we keep our promises or what?" Wally asks Superboy and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Definitely or what." I say as I know that we were so dead now because the whole Justice League was descending from the sky.