𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 24~𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝐵𝑒𝑔𝑎𝑛

Start from the beginning

"Then you came." Armin continued. "...and pulled me out of a Titan's mouth. But how did you do it? Where did you find that strength?" Armin asked Eren in all honesty.

Eren let out a small sigh. "I had a flashback... to the day that you showed me your parent's book. Before then, I'd never even considered the world beyond the walls. I would just spend my days staring up at the clouds. But then, I heard your story, and saw the look in your eyes. They were filled with this amazing dream. Like nothing I'd known myself. That's the day I realized that I had never been free. The world was as vast as our cage was small. Those monsters had stolen it from us. Once I realized that, I couldn't forgive them. Couldn't tell you why but... when I think of the lost freedom... I feel strong. Fearless in a way."

I took out my journal and pen, since I hadn't wrote in it in a while. I put the lantern on my pinkie, and held my pen.

Entry 102

We're heading back to Shiganshina to retake Wall Maria. I'm very nervous, but I'm glad I'm not the only one. Though, I have a feeling that something is gonna go wrong. That usually happens from experience. But if so, I won't give up, even if it costs me my life. If I have to do something to keep everyone else safe, then I'll do it. Th

"I see the foot of the mountain!" A soldier shouts, snapping me out of my writing. "There are signs of a trail ahead!"

I couldn't believe we made it back to where it all began. The four of us look at each other. "Well, looks like we're close." Eren looked back at us.

"I'm pretty sure I can hear the river." Mikasa said.

I look in the direction of Shiganshina. "We made it back after all that's happened." I said as I put my journal back in my pocket.

~

We all rode on our horses, seeing the broken wall in the distance.

"All troops, switch to ODM gear!" Commander Erwin shouted. I stood on my horse and aimed my wires on the houses to swing me up. When I landed on the wall, I stared down at what used to be where we lived. Almost half of the district was in my memory form when I was delivering flowers, and it hurt like hell seeing those family's houses all messed up.

"Don't stop! You get to that outer gate!" Levi ran past us. We all obeyed and followed Captain Levi to the outer gate. I looked behind and saw Armin stop to look at some ashes. I think he can take care of this, so I trust him. I looked ahead and continued.

I jumped off the wall and used my wires to fly by the wall. Looking down, I saw some houses that were familiar. Life will never be the same.

We made it to the gate and looked over the wall. There weren't any titans, which is suspicious but good at the same time. Three green smoke signals went off, meaning Eren is about to transform. Looking above my head, I see Eren toss himself over the wall with his hand in his mouth. Yellow lightning came from Eren as his titan form spawned. Mikasa jumped off the wall and landed on top up Eren's titan, helping Eren up.

"The enemy could attack at any second! Stay on the lookout!" Hange warned us.

Seeing the two green signal flares at both sides of the wall, I sighed with relief. Hange commanded us to head for the inner gate and we all did. A red signal flare was shot near the inner gate, meaning that the mission is halted.

~

All the Scouts scattered on the wall, while other Scouts started hitting there blades against the wall. Armin must've found something, leading to what was happening now. Suddenly, a flare shot up and I looked down over the wall.

"This part of the wall is hollow!" The soldier shouted before looking back at the wall. I saw an arm stab the man with a blade. I felt myself freeze in disbelief; increasing from when Reiner appeared from the wall. Captain Levi disappeared next to me by diving down the Reiner, putting a blade through his neck. Levi let him go, making Reiner land on the floor as he transformed. Cecilia had to be close by too, I know it.

"Keep your eyes open! We still need to find the allies!" Commander Erwin was cut off by another transformation behind him, then dozens more coming from right to left. It was the Beast Titan, and a bunch of pure titans. The Beast Titan picked up a rock, throwing it towards the wall.

"Incoming boulder!" Commander Erwin shouted. The boulder landed right in front of the gate. I looked back and saw Reiner charging at the wall. He started climbing the wall.

When Erwin said to not engage the Armored Titan, I thought he was a total lunatic.

"That quadruped type has some kind of cargo on its back." Erwin noticed the titan right by the Beast Titan. It couldn't be Cecilia.

The Beast Titan suddenly banged his fist against the ground, confusing me a bit. In the distance, all of the small titans started running towards us.

A thud came from Reiner. "Sir? What now?! The Armored Titan is almost up!" Armin asked Erwin in panic.

"Dirk squad and Marlene Squad, too! Join Klaus Squad and protect the horses at the gate! Levi Squad and Hange Squad! I need you to take down the Armored Titan and the Nature Titan! Employ the Thunder Spears at your own discretion. Do whatever it takes to achieve your objective! This is our moment. Our chance to strike! The fate of mankind depends on this battle! Lay down your hearts and lives one final time, for humanity!"

The Scouts jumped off the wall towards the Beast Titan. Before I was about to jump off, Commander Erwin stopped us.

"Hey, hold on you three." He said. "Hange can lead both of your squads. I'm going to need you right here, Levi."

"So I'll protect the horses instead of Eren?"Levi asked him.

"That's right." Erwin pointed his blade toward the Beast Titan. "And when the chance arises, you'll strike him down. You're the only soldier I can trust to dispatch the Beast titan."

"Understood, sir. I wasn't fast enough to finish off the Armored one earlier, but I'll atone for that by taking the Beat Titan's head." Levi jumped off the wall and turned towards us.

"Y/n." I looked up at him, hiding my nervousness. "You're in charge for taking down the Nature Titan if it appears. I have a plan that may or may not work. It will only work if you manage to do it correctly, and I trust you to do it on your own." I looked at him with a shocked face. "The plan is in here." He grabbed something out of his pocket and gave me a folded paper. "Hange made a special weapon for only you to use against the Nature Titan."

"I- Uh... Yes sir!" I replied before going away if Reiner manages to make it up.

Considering that it's called the Nature Titan, we made a certain weapon that contains fire. It's fire spreads within a 15 feet radius, so you'll have to throw it from a far distance. Thunder Spears can also help. Make sure to observe the target closes and it's actions. Try everything that is possible. Hange will send about 6-7 other soldiers with you if it does appear.

I blinked a few times after reading the letter. I put the letter in one of my pockets and started runing towards my squad.

I knew something was gonna happen.