𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 16~ 𝑈𝑡𝑔𝑎𝑟𝑑 𝐶𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑙𝑒

Your POV

I looked around the village, but couldn't find any blood anywhere.

"Hey, something's wrong." Gelgar said as he walked towards us. "You find any bodies?" He asked us. I shook my head.

"No." Reiner replied.

"I can only think that they managed to get out in time and saw the Titans before they arrived." I said with a hand on my chin.

"How is that possible? Titans ransack this place and there's not even people here?" Gelgar said as he looked around.

"Yeah, so they must've fled! The villagers, I meant. They all escaped. Your family too."

Conny's face lit up. "You think so? You think that they're alive?" Conny said with tears of happiness.

"Well, we still don't know what happened. If they escaped, they would've used the horses over there." I pointed to the horses that were in the stables. "Also, why would they reck empty houses if there was nobody in them?" I added.

"Anyone not have a torch? Okay, let's move!" Gelgar said. "Our mission is to evaluate the breach!"

As I was about to order my horse to move, I noticed Conny didn't move and was staring at the Titan.

"Go ahead, I'll get him." Reiner said to me.

"Uh, sure." I said. I ordered my horse to catch up with my group.

~

I took a deep breath as we went through the dark. My stomach was filled with butterflies as the only sound we can hear was the horse steps. My heartbeat went faster as we saw 4 fires in the dark. Thankfully, it was Nanaba and the others. The groups stared at eachother for a few seconds.

"So, you followed the wall here too, I take it?" Gelgar asked.

"That's right. I assume you found the breach then?" Nanaba replied. My mouth let out a gasp.

If we didn't find the breach, and neither did they, what is going on here?

"We didn't see any irregularities along the western route. Surely you must've seen something in the east?" Nanaba questioned.

"No, the wall's perfectly intact." Gelgar said.

"Well, maybe we just overlooked it?" A soldier guessed. As they talked about it, many thoughts came through my head. The Titans can't just 'spawn' out of nowhere.

~

We headed towards the old castle in the distance. "Not an ideal place to sleep, but I guess we can make do with it for one night."

~

"Everyone! Get to the tower immediately!"

I opened my eyes slowly. What is it now? I just want to sleep. I never even got sleep since the fights in Stohess.

~

I looked down the tower, and there was lots of Titans. "I couldn't see them in the dark, but with the moonlight..." Lynne said.

"It's nighttime! Why are they moving?!" I said with a shaky tone.

"What's going on?" Christa questioned.

"Hey guys? What the hell is that?" I turned my attention to what Conny was pointing to.

"It's gotta be a Titan, but have you ever seen one that big?! Look at it! It's more like, some kind of beast." Conny said. It looked like a monkey beast thing.

I looked at Cecilia at the side of my eye. She looked like there was something she knew that I didn't. Reiner, Bertholdt and Ymir all looked like they knew something.