***

The atmosphere was tense.

Both you and Todoroki had just reached the arena and went to opposite sides of it.

You knew that this match would be way more serious, having an opponent like him. You were sure he wasn't going to hold back, and neither were you.

As Present Mic announced the start, you exhaled and looked up at Todoroki.

He had already gone to action, ice coming from his right leg at a quick speed. However, you managed to dodge it after stopping time for half a second.

He kept a distance. You knew what he wanted to do. Even though he was good with hand-to-hand combat, long-range was his specialty.

But you were the exact opposite.

As he was preparing some more ice, you stopped time again, now running in his direction. Once you got close enough, you lifted your right leg up, trying to kick him.

He was faster than that though, and, grabbing your leg with his left hand, he pulled and made you lose your balance.

You fell down and hit your head a little, but immediately stopped time and got up, planning another kick.

Todoroki slowly nodded to himself. If hand-to-hand combat was what you wanted, he would give it to you.

You took him by surprise by landing a good punch on his cheek. However, he recovered almost immediately and punched you in the stomach -which was probably one of your most vulnerable places at the moment.

You slouched down for few seconds. The burn was almost fully scarred, but the place was still sensitive.

Todoroki seemed to have realised that too, only after he had punched you.

Seeing his worried expression, you decided to take advantage of it and try to sneak behind him and knock him out.

He was faster than you though.

You couldn't help but smirk as you saw fire light up his left side. You dodged it, taking a few steps back and bumping your fists together.

The fight was just starting.

You and Todoroki stared at each other for a few seconds, both rethinking your action plans.

He was clearly at an advantage. You didn't have many chances of winning.

That wouldn't stop you from giving it your all though -to give him a fair fight, as well as see what you were capable of. Taking him by surprise, you froze time and ran in his direction, aiming for a punch in his face once again.

As you managed to land it, you unfroze time and Todoroki took a step back from the impact.

You then lifted your leg up, thinking about hitting him. However, he had read your move and slouched down, taking hold of your other leg and pulling it.

He seemed to really like this move.

You didn't.

As your head hit the ground again -a bit harder this time- you winced.

Todoroki kneeled in front of you and leaned over you, taking both your hands by the wrists and pinning them above your head with only one of his.

You tried to escape his grip, but it was useless. He was stronger.

With his other hand, Todoroki lit the area around you on fire. He then switched the hand that was holding your wrists and cast ice on the arena, making smoke cover it.