Chapter 6: bestiessss

Start from the beginning

Gojo smirked and looked around the bar as Y/n got up to greet her friend, "I've truly never met someone like her. Where even are we?"

I shook my head, "I have no idea..."

"You sure you like her? Could you really handle all of this?" he teased.

I didn't get to respond since Y/n popped up with her friend, but I couldn't help but smile. A part of me liked that Y/n was a little bit of everything, with a lot of unpredictability.

"Hey guys! This is Ema," Y/n smiled, and we took time to introduce ourselves.

Y/n quickly sat down next to me, leaving Ema to sit with Gojo. I felt like a child with how excited I was that she wanted to be next to me.

"Can I get you some drinks?" a server asked as she walked up to our table.

We all ordered water but as the waitress was about to leave, Y/n spoke up.

"Actually, can we get nachos? To start," Y/n smiled up at her before the server rolled her eyes and left.

"Nachos?" Gojo smirked.

"Mm, she orders em every time," Ema added. "They don't come with meat on them because this place is super cheap, and she doesn't have to say no meat."

Gojo and Nanami just stared at me in confusion.

"You know, because she's a vegetarian," Ema continued.

Gojo leaned his elbows on the table, resting his head in his hands, "Why is it we know so little about you?"

Y/n laughed, "I'm pretty sure I know nothing about either of you too."

"So, why don't you eat meat?" he asked her.

She shrugged, "I don't like eating things that have faces that look like mine. It's weird."

Gojo laughed loudly, and Ema shot him a small smirk. She was definitely the type to fall for Gojo, and definitely the type he usually spent time with.

We kept chatting until the water and nachos came. It was actually fun. Y/n was once again showing another side of her.

She was commanding the conversation, telling stories and making us all laugh. It looked effortless.

It was different than we had experienced, but it was equally herself as the bookstore version, or the high-end art version, or the student version.

She never let herself be defined by one trait. It was mesmerizing.

"I've changed my mind," Gojo announced. "I do want a drink."

Ema got up to let him out of the booth, and he walked over to the bar, leaving the three of us there to talk.

"Ok," Ema immediately leaned across the table. "Y/n, he is so hot." Y/n just laughed in response.

"Are you sure you're not interested?" Ema asked. "Because I don't want to make anything weird. And you're all friends. But like, can I?"

"Oh my gosh," Y/n laughed as she turned to look at me, hiding her face behind her hands. "She is so embarrassing. I'm so sorry."

I just smirked, waiting for her response but also trying to indicate I really didn't care either way.

"Go for it," Y/n laughed as she looked at Ema again.