I glance to my left and see 7:30 flashing brightly on the digital clock by my bed. In an attempt to make haste I decide to wear a black jumpsuit with a strappy back and some black heels, I add my rings, one to my left index ring and another to my right ring finger. I slip on my gold-colored watch and gold necklace; the butterfly pendant resting right above my breasts and add a pair of gold hoops.

I don't do much to my hair I just part it down the middle and spray it with some water leaving it in its natural state, flowing in long curls all the way down my back. I glance at the clock again grabbing my black purse checking to see if I have my keys, money, phone, lip gloss, and of course gum; it is already 8:00. They are going to slaughter me.

When I turned nineteen my parents bought me a white 2019 BMW M2 Competition and up until a few months ago I didn't use it much because Carson or one of my parents would take me anywhere, I needed to be, but ever since coming here I started driving myself more and it's freeing, therapeutic even.

It is 8:45 when I finally get to the complex; Friday night traffic is a bitch in any city. Both Aria and Alia are waiting for me when I get there; Aria is lost in conversation with a strange-looking white man.

I am always late and that's something I have been vowing to change but I never really made an effort. It is just so hard to be on time, all the time; like do people know how hard it is to convince myself to leave my house. Or how hard it is to decide on the perfect outfit? There is literally nothing easy about getting ready to go out.

"Hi guys" I smile innocently at them through the window and I see Alia roll her eyes as she tugs on Aria's arm.

I groan as I notice the jackets draped over their arms, this is why I don't like getting ready on a timer; I always end up forgetting something.

"You annoy the seven hells out of me, do you know that?" Alia hisses at Aria as she opens the door to the passenger seat.

"You love me regardless and honestly sister-cousin, that is the only thing that matters," Aria says blowing her a kiss as she gets in the back seat.

"And you," Alia says slapping my arm making me wince.

"You know that Aria attracts crackheads and you just decided to be late knowing that she would find a weird person to entertain" she hisses putting on her seat belt.

Both of them are so gorgeous, I literally feel like the ugly best friend when I'm with them.

Carson doesn't miss an opportunity to remind you that you are the ugly best friend either; don't forget to mention that.

The first thing Aria did when we moved up here was get a bob cut and a red dragon tattoo on her back; she got a tattoo of a lion's face in the outline of Africa over her heart last year and she says she'll keep adding on every chance that she gets. She has on a tight and short black latex skirt and a baby pink bodysuit that is, like my jumpsuit strappy at the back, a pair of clear heels, and a black cross bag; her hair resting above her shoulders in all its black wavy thickness.

Alia has on a black body con spaghetti strap dress it had two openings at the front one right above her navel and the other right below her breasts; a pair of black heels and her gold watch and bracelet. Her black wavy hair flowing beautifully around her shoulders. The afro-mermaid tattoo on her right arm on full display.

They're so free-spirited and beautiful, they do whatever they want both with and for themselves; their confidence only adding to the beauty God blessed them with.

I've always wanted to straighten my hair but Carson loves my hair curly and who am I to defy this man?

"I'm sorry I took so long, Carson came over and he made a mess and you know I have to clean before I leave my house no matter how late that will make me," I tell them smiling apologetically, Alia rolls her eyes and Aria hisses her teeth, making me smile again.