Chapter 7 : And So She Opens Up...A Little

Mulai dari awal

"B-But... I could have..." She trails off as Loki backs up.

"Again without the demon eyes."

"What?"

"Again without the demon eyes." She nods and summons her magic and they were back to where they started, her magic not even making it to him. This time she was more scared seeing as she left a mark on him. "I thought so."

"Excuse me?" Loki sighed and ran his hand through his hair. 

"You are hesitating because you fear hurting people with your power, and yet you are an assassin and agent of SHIELD." Loki's comment earned him a scowl.

"I know what I am. The difference is, with my profession I have control of who ends up on the ground."

"What happened?"

"You have a habit of asking for answers that you don't really want."

"I killed 80 people in 2 days that most likely didn't deserve it. I garuantee you that I won't judge." She stares at Loki, impressed with understanding who he is and owning what he did. There was now a sadness in his eyes and she was getting slowly pulled into them. She sighed and looked down.

"Her name was Lilah......" She trailed off and looked up at Loki. She then held out her hand. "I can just show you I guess... But no poking around in there..." Loki walked up to her and grabbed her hand. He closed his eyes and entered her mind. 

----

He saw a 15 year old girl reading 'A Study in Scarlet' by herself when a couple kids pushed her off the ledge she was sitting on. The girl fell and twisted her ankle as she reached for her book to then only be kicked in the gut. They were shouting at her and calling her a freak.

"Stop! Please!" The girl begged. By the sound of her voice Loki could tell it was Y/N. They pulled her up by her hair and dragged her to the field in the school yard and threw her down in the snow. Her eyes then went black and she used her powers to push them all back. Her eyes returned to normal as she writhed in pain. The kids ran away as she laid there in the snow. She heard footsteps approach her. "Please.... No more..." she begged.

"That was awesome!" A girl said. Y/N looked up to see a red head with bright blue eyes holding out the book she dropped. "Those guys have nothing better to do with their lives... I hope you know that you really aren't a freak." Y/N hesitantly took the book.

"How much did you see?"

"I saw the smoke. Seriously that's totally bad ass! You must be the girl my dad talks about! He's an agent at SHIELD!" She smiled brightly.

"Then you definately know  that I am a freak. Who are you?" Y/N winces as she tries to get up. She was forced back down as the girl sits down next to her.

"I'm Lilah!" She then opens her back pack and pulls out a copy of 'A Study in Scarlet'. "I love this book too! I only read with friends though. So guess we are friends now! When you stop hurting we will walk home together!" She smiles and opens her book and starts reading. The young Y/N smiles.

"You are nuts." They both laugh and after a while they walked to Fury's. The rest of their time together was shown to Loki in a flash. Games nights with Fury, sleepovers, school, sticking up for each other, training to fight together, and so much more. But then some grown men grabbed them as they were leaving school. They were tied together in a van. Y/N was being a smart ass as Lilah looked around the van.

"They are after you." Lilah states. "There are these files." She kicks it to Y/N and sees HYDRA's symbol on it. Y/N then kicks the wall in the van blocking them from the two drivers.