Chapter 7 : And So She Opens Up...A Little

Start from the beginning

"You hesitate Little Assassin. Why?" Loki asks. She turns to face Loki again.

"Again, why do you call me that?" Y/N didn't want to answer his questions.

"Why do you answer my questions with another question?" Loki knew the answer because he does this himself sometimes.

"Look I'll try again." Loki prepares himself and as she tries again she feels a sharp pain in her head. She groans as she grips the sides of her head. "What the hell...?" Her voice was quiet. She crouches down and Loki walks up to her.

"I know I'm hardly someone to open up to but.... the more you hesitate the harder this is going to be." Loki holds out his hand to help her up but she shakes her head as if she were shaking her issues away and gets back up.

"You really don't want to know... trust me." She faces him and does it again but this time a decent attack comes out as a sharp and burning pain come from her hands. Even with Loki's magic he was pushed back.

"The magic you have is very old. These explosive episodes are only going to get worse unless you..." He stops as he looks at the girl in front of him. Her eyes had turned black as tears streamed down her face as if her body was in pain. "Y/N calm down... just breathe."

"I can't..."

"You can. You don't need Tony to make you a device to help you." She tilts her head at Loki's words. Why was he being so nice to her? Why did he seem sincere? In a wave of emotion she strikes again knocking Loki back. She looks at her hands.

"I know you don't trust me, in fact nobody does, but I get what you are feeling." Her black eyes look up from her hands. "Desperate to be something you are not." Thor then appears near them with his hammer ready. Loki's eyes go from kind to cold again as he puts his hand up to Thor.

"But Brother..." Thor starts but Loki doesn't listen as he takes a step closer to her. She prepares to attack again angry.

"Don't come closer! You really don't want to get closer!" She strikes again only this time grips Loki's wrist. Loki felt a burning pain in his wrist but he bit the inside of his cheek.

"Hiding this power away and not facing it is making it worse." Loki says coldly. He did not dare to show emotion in front of his brother. "It is becoming quite troublesome. I hold that Sherlock book with this hand. I really need you to stop acting like a child who is scared because you are neither of those things." Thor looked at Loki shocked as the black in her eyes started to fade from her eyes. Once her vision was cleared she realized what she was doing she made her magic disappear. There was what seemed like a burn mark on the god's wrist and she starts to panic but hiding it as best as she can with a blank and cold stare. She wipes her face.

"Sorry..." She mumbles. Thor looks at his brother still shocked but with a huge dumb grin on his face. Loki must have read his mind or something because he turned to his brother.

"I am here to redeem myself and that's it Brother. Nothing more!" Loki shouts as Y/N blinks surprised. Thor kept turning his head between the two of them and burst out laughing.

"H-Hey! Why did you look at me like that?!" She shouts causing the blonde's laughter to only increase. Thor then uses his hammer to go back to the observing area seeing that he already broke the glass to get down there.

"Now before we continue..." Loki stops as he sees Y/N look at him wide eyed. "What?"

"You still want to train me? I did that!" She points to the marking on his wrist as he chuckles.

"I have had much worse, trust me." The kindness was back in his eyes. The same kindness she only showed Nat, Clint, and now Tony. She felt that Loki could be tricking her but a part of her felt that it was genuine.