Chapter 4: A demonstration

Start from the beginning

It was dark inside, save for candles which gave the room an eerie atmosphere.

"Late twice in one day Satoru, that must be a personal record," came a deep voice up ahead. Mina was surprised to find a man sitting making dolls. Ugly looking dolls.

"That's Principal Yaga Masamichi," Gojou told her, ignoring the Principal's glares. She felt awkward all of a sudden.

"Hi," she said half-heartedly. She thought she saw Gojou suppress a snort at that.

"What did you come here for?" Yaga demanded. She frowned.

"Um, Gojou kind of pressured me into coming here, but I have no problem helping you people out," she shrugged. Yaga placed down the sewing needle.

"Why do you want to become a Jujutsu Sorcerer?" he asked.

"I don't really, Gojou just said he'll help train me while I look the thing that I need."

"And what is that?" he demanded.

"None of your business old man," she retorted, irritated at his tone. Gojou couldn't suppress his chuckle this time as a vein popped in Yaga's forehead.

"You are concealing the truth," he guessed. She shrugged.

"And how are we supposed to trust you?" he asked, but she was getting pretty sick of this interrogation.

"Listen here old man, this last month has been pretty rough for me and I don't need people like you making me feel like a criminal," she spat. She turned to leave but Gojou blocked her path as Yaga rose from his seat.

"The threats Jujutsu Sorcerers face daily mean nothing to you? Enough that we are not allowed to distrust someone powerful and unknown?"

"Fair enough, but what are you getting at? Are you saying I'm not allowed to keep secrets?" she demanded.

"Prove to us that we can trust you."

"Actions speak louder than words."

"But words still hold meaning. Tell us more about who you are."

Mina felt a headache beginning to form. She massaged her temples.

"Listen-" she cut off as Yaga raised a hand, causing one of the larger dolls to start moving towards her.

"These are my cursed dolls, dolls which I have infused with my curse. It will attack you until I find your response satisfactory." She rolled her eyes.

"Whatev-" faster than she believed possible, the doll sprinted towards her and punched her squarely on the jaw, sending her flying into one of the wooden beams.

"A person's true nature reveals itself during a crisis," she heard Yaga say.

"You are pissing me off old man," she scowled, dodging the dolls next punch.

The doll began moving faster and faster, landing blow after blow. She cursed under her breath as she dodged its attacks.

"I am an experiment made by those who hunger for power like starving dogs, I barely managed to escape from them by coming here, but they are eventually going to capture me again so I need to find something which will allow me to destroy them once and for all. And part of it is somewhere in this world, most likely in this country. I will get it at all costs or die trying because there is no way I am going back to that hell," she shouted out in frustration.

In her anger, she splayed her hands out in front of her blindly, watching in smug satisfaction as the doll collapsed into ashes.

Yaga blinked.