"I'll let Elijah know you're here. But please, make yourself comfortable."

The RT600 disappears behind another heavy door and you find yourself intrigued by your surroundings. Hank takes a seat and Connor, looking queasy, does as well, so you opt to stand.

"Nice girl..." says Hank casually.

You ignore him and study the large photograph of Elijah Kamski hanging on the wall. As predicted, Cyberlife's founder seems relatively egotistic. But to have such a brilliant mind, you suppose it's normal to be arrogant.

Connor nervously clears his throat, "You're right. She's really pretty." Oh? He's attracted to blondes?

You continue scanning the room until something catches your eye...

It's a photograph of Amanda... Amanda Stern. Your Amanda and the Amanda framed in a picture frame on Connor's marble table. Your LED flickers yellow. There's a connection here that you can't quite figure out. It's frustrating.

"Nice place... Guess androids haven't been a bad thing for everybody... So, you're about to meet your maker, Y/N," you freeze and look over your shoulder to Hank as he speaks, "how's it feel?"

"I'm not sure..." you say quietly. "I suppose I'll tell you once I've met him."

The door to your left reopens and the RT600 appears once again with a patient smile on her pretty face, "Elijah will see you now."

Connor and Hank both get up and walk toward the door. While Hank enters the room, Connor pauses and lets you go in first, uttering a quick "ladies first".

When you look around the room, you notice just how strange it is. Elijah Kamski is swimming laps in a bright, crimson red swimming pool, wearing nothing but some very short shorts. A few RT600 models gossip in the swimming pool lazily.

Strange. But the room does have a truly beautiful view...

"Just a moment, please," says Kamski as he finishes up his laps.

You notice the way that Connor uncomfortably fidgets. He shifts his weight from leg-to-leg, doing a little dance that'd usually indicate a human is trying to self-soothe. You wonder what has gotten him so wound up.

It must have something to do with his connection to Amanda, you're sure of it.

Kamski finally steps out of the pool and a RT600 hands him his robe. You stare at him in silence, a placid smile on your otherwise blank face.

"I'm Lieutenant Anderson, this is Detective Summers and Y/N," says Hank in a neutral tone.

While you give Kamski a polite dip of your head, Connor stiffens. Like an eagle fixated on its prey, Kamski's eyes never leave the detective's worried face. Kamski seems like he's silently filing some information away for later. They definitely know each other.

Finally, after a moment of silence, Kamski smiles sharply, "Ah, Connor... and an RK800 prototype model." He returns his gaze to Hank. "What can I do for you, Lieutenant?"

Hank looks uncomfortable. It's likely that he can feel the strange tension in the air and he doesn't seem too sure of what to do about it. He clears his throat and redirects his attention to the case.

"Sir, we're investigating deviants. I know you left CyberLife years ago but, I was hoping you'd be able to tell us something we don't know."

"Ahh, Deviants," Kamski smiles (the same sharp, toothy smile from before) and rolls his shoulders lazily. "Fascinating, aren't they? Perfect beings with infinite intelligence, infinite beauty, and now they have free will... Isn't it ironic? Humanity's greatest achievement to be our downfall? I think it to be fitting."

"We need your help, Mr. Kamski," you say, a polite smile on your face. Maybe buttering him up will do some good. "Because if a war breaks out between deviants and humans, millions could die."

"...Is the desire to be free a contagious virus? The want for equality something to be neutralized?"

Hank frowns, "Listen. I didn't come here to talk philosophy. The machines you've created are planning to start a revolution. Can you help us or not?"

Connor isn't speaking... Instead, he stares ahead, seeming very cautious.

Kamski ignores Hank, "What about you, Y/N?" He stares at you -- really, truly at you, into you, even -- and you look back at him with unwavering certainty in your robotic gaze. "Whose side are you on?"

AUTHOR'S NOTE: ah!!! I'm sorry this update doesn't have a whole lot happening in it -- I'll be sure to upload another chapter quickly!!